'69 Rupp Roadster back from the dead.

MANY years ago I bought a used Rupp from a friend. Rode it a bit, but it went into storage in a crawlspace and was forgotten (I was told some years back it had been left curbside for garbage).
On a trip to the homestead, I looked in the crawlspace and lo and behold, it was still there.
With some finagling, it made the 1,400 mile trip home with us.

My son and I spent last fall and this past winter cleaning it up to bring it back to life. With a lot of good info from this forum, he got to ride it for the first time yesterday.
Having test ridden it myself first, I found it a LOT more powerful than it was so many years ago. The front wheel came up easily when I whacked the throttle. The throttle stop was cranked down quit e bit to keep my son from hurting himself.

There's still some stuff to be done (change exhaust, fabricate clutch cover bracket, figure out why secondary clutch is so dang noisy), but I think I'm gonna' let him put some miles on it before it goes back up on the work table.

Many thanks to all who helped, either directly by responding to my requests for help, or indirectly by having threads I could cull information from.

MINIBIKE 3.jpg

MAX MINI 4.jpg

Very nice to see another generation enjoying what we did as kids. He looks proud. BTW..what did you do with the original motor?
Regards

Your son looks like just the right size for that bike, and yea let him enjoy it for awhile. :thumbsup: I'm glad you guys saved it !

Very nice to see another generation enjoying what we did as kids. He looks proud. BTW..what did you do with the original motor?
Regards
It's well-oiled and is going to get crated up so that maybe some day it can be restored and put back on the bike.
The aluminum rotted away between the case and case cover in one spot which left both sides in need of aluminum welding and machining, so a restoration had to be postponed as not financially feasible since the Predator motor was $100.

This was done on a tightwad budget, but it still nickle and dimed me for a chunk...

His tough-guy face:
(sorry for the thumbnails. the site doesn't accept my Photobucket links as valid url)

MAX MINI 2.jpg