69 Rupp Roadster chain advice

Hi all. After doing a search for "Rupp chain", I've looked through about 30 posts and can't find what I'm looking for.
My son and I are restoring a Roadster I had as a kid.

It's currently a basket case and I'm trying to buy up all the parts we'll need to put it together when the ice melts (May or so :)
Does anyone know how much chain (#35, I assume) I'll need to buy if I'm able to rebuild it as original with the 2-speed jackshaft?
Also, are there resources for jackshaft parts other than the business that sells the who assembly for some-odd $300?

I've gotten some good advice here, and it's making the project go a lot smoother than I anticipated.

I can't remember for sure but I thought it was about 2-1/2 feet. I used nickel plated chain to help prevent rust.

The $300 kit you are referring to is the one Black Widow sells? I actually didn't think that was a bad price considering you get both clutches, jackshaft, sprocket with the one way bearing, and small sprocket.

I wonder if I have a used Comet setup laying around...

Do you have some existing parts that you could reuse?

I can't remember for sure but I thought it was about 2-1/2 feet. I used nickel plated chain to help prevent rust.

The $300 kit you are referring to is the one Black Widow sells? I actually didn't think that was a bad price considering you get both clutches, jackshaft, sprocket with the one way bearing, and small sprocket.

I wonder if I have a used Comet setup laying around...

Do you have some existing parts that you could reuse?
Would the 2.5 feet be for all chain segments?

Yes, I have all the original parts, but have not fully examined them for reuse (it got cold out before I got that far into the rebuild :).
I'll assume the clutches need to be refurbed or replaced (they seem pretty inexpensive on eBay), but the sprockets and jackshaft are intact.
I was not familiar with the one-way bearing and am going to assume it's rusted beyond repair.
I already have the bearings that support the shaft in the frame.

I'll have to dig them out and go over them. I boxed all the parts after disassembling and have been working on one box at a time.
That box hasn't been touched yet (we worked on de-rusting the bigger items first and are slowly getting to the smaller details/parts).
I've posted this a few times, but this is what is looked like when I dug it out of storage, and what it looks like now (sandblasted and primed):

TT500.jpg

1E59E212-8593-4B99-9108-450524C4E7BE_zpsboshxcdx.jpg

Unless the sprocket nubs are all worn down I would try and reuse them. I think you will be ok without having to spend much at all. Save your money for chrome! :laugh:

My concern is if the one-way bearing got destroyed on disassembly.
I think the sprockets were fine as I don't remember having any problems with the chain falling off during the one summer I rode it.
I've read a little bit on the 2-speed jackshaft, and it seems to me it's just a multi-clutch setup with the one-way bearing being the key ingredient. (Hard to tell from reading until I actually put the puzzle pieces in front of me. Too bad there's not a GIF that shows the process in motion with an explanation :)

Am I way off base?

markus

the one way bearing just presses in and out of the sprocket. try to pull the numbers off the marked side of the bearing casing. numbers are small but usually can read them, then go hit ebay. Sometimes you can find them on there for pretty cheap over what a vendor will sell it specifically for a Rupp. They are usually a fairly common bearing used in auto transmissions etc.. Just gotta make sure you press it in the right way. Heating the sprocket evenly and throwing the bearing in the freezer makes things go nice and easy and can use a larger bench vise usually.