70 Cat TS400 and a Rupp Continental project

Love that Cat TS. Great Survivor! I would not restore that one....
I agree with you and have no plans to repaint it. I’ll keep it as original as possible but it does need the seat redone and the rear fender is too far gone to save. I have all of the original parts( clutch guard etc) but unfortunately a replacement 4hp tecumseh. The Rupp Continental has a very light coat of black paint over the original light blue. I’m going to try and save that also. The TT500 is 95% complete but needs a total restoration. I even have the 1968 title.

I agree with you and have no plans to repaint it. I’ll keep it as original as possible but it does need the seat redone and the rear fender is too far gone to save. I have all of the original parts( clutch guard etc) but unfortunately a replacement 4hp tecumseh. The Rupp Continental has a very light coat of black paint over the original light blue. I’m going to try and save that also. The TT500 is 95% complete but needs a total restoration. I even have the 1968 title.
I forgot to say welcome aboard in my last post! Sounds like you have a good plan for both bikes. Don't discount that original CAT seat. There are some talented seat people out there who may be able to replace and repair as needed.

That's a beautiful 400TS, excellent shape! I had a SPARE seat made for mine a couple years ago and have no use for it if you are interested.
Thanks for your comments Mark and yes I am interested in a spare seat for my Cat. The Cat is the nearest to road ready and I could ride it while I search around for a good upholstery shop . Every mini bike seat I have needs some work (don’t they all?) . Send pics /price etc. I’m near Tulsa. Also what does supporting member mean/entail? This site is great and a wonderful place for information. I’m very impressed with some of the members knowledge and capabilities. Thanks again,Bill

I forgot to say welcome aboard in my last post! Sounds like you have a good plan for both bikes. Don't discount that original CAT seat. There are some talented seat people out there who may be able to replace and repair as needed.
Thank You ! I haven’t given up on the original seat. The vinyl/plastic side is crispy but the rest is in good shape. I’m hoping to find a shop to bring it back to as close to factory as possible.

Thanks for your comments Mark and yes I am interested in a spare seat for my Cat. The Cat is the nearest to road ready and I could ride it while I search around for a good upholstery shop . Every mini bike seat I have needs some work (don’t they all?) . Send pics /price etc. I’m near Tulsa. Also what does supporting member mean/entail? This site is great and a wonderful place for information. I’m very impressed with some of the members knowledge and capabilities. Thanks again,Bill
https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?account/upgrades

Here's a couple quick shots of the seat, I can get more if needed. My upholsterer used an original as a pattern so it has the same dimensions. 1" heat seam pleats (NOT sewn), blue sparkle vinyl on the sides/back, high density quality foam and solid marine grade plywood base with the nut-serts in the correct location. Ready to bolt on and ride. I'll PM you the details on pricing and we can go from there.
Supporting membership is an upgrade to your account, gives you a few perks like more message/photo storage, access to a different part of the forum, and of course the secret handshake;)

KIMG8702.JPG KIMG8703.JPG KIMG8698.JPG

FunWithStuff

Would definitely love to see any updates on these bikes especially the 400 TS! Some more pictures of everything you have would be awesome as well. Good luck with your projects!