70 fox trail tramp

Venom38

Share with us what the correction ended up being for your no spark problem so that others may learn. "Pay it forward"
Michael
I cleaned up the laminates all around the coil, I pretty sure that was the reason I had a weak spark. After a through cleaning it glowed the spark plug tester like it never did. Ran the engine for a hour to test out my carb rebuilt kit I did and very happy with the results. I’m concentrating now on cosmetic phase of rebuilding this fox.I need a couple parts (clutch housing front brake caliper) and this bike will be complete.

Lizardking

I used some citrus paint remover from Home Depot, never again it did ok. Did a lot of steel wool, came out preety good though.
It looked clean bare so I can imagine the elbow grease used. Next time you do something like that just have it sand blasted and save yourself lots of time and work.

Venom38

If I did again yes I would get a sandblaster. Just trying to save some money and do as much as possible myself.
It looked clean bare so I can imagine the elbow grease used. Next time you do something like that just have it sand blasted and save yourself lots of time and work.

That's a bummer. I looked through the parts catalog and they do in fact show the outer caliper half and the lever as being different from front to rear. I always thought they were the same except for the lever. I wonder if the rear caliper could work on the front?

Venom38

I checkout that out also. Unfortunately it doesn’t.
That's a bummer. I looked through the parts catalog and they do in fact show the outer caliper half and the lever as being different from front to rear. I always thought they were the same except for the lever. I wonder if the rear caliper could work on the front?

novadose74

The rear caliper has a longer bolt that is for the brake switch, the front has a shorter bolt because it does not require the brake switch, The rear caliper would work on the front but you would just need spacers to make up for the space that the switch would occupy