70 Rupp Roadster build blower housing

There is a fine line between making something more difficult that it needs to be, and taking the time to do something right. That telephone is cool!

@dalpan I am glad you used a drill instead of a rotary tool. I was going to suggest that earlier and forgot to do so. Looking good. I am astounded that you have anything from 1970, much less a mini bike. Nearly 50 years, and almost as many moves, most of them outside of the US, the only thing I have from 1970 is a predilection for things with engines, dogs, and women, and not necessarily in that order.

Did you end up using the 1/4-20 studs, or 1/4-28 bolts?
Looks great, nice job!

Thanks for the tip on the 1/2” drill bit. I wasn’t looking forward to grinding those off. Was much easier to drill them out.
My studs should be here today, so i’ll Install them now. Have a lighting coil and flywheel on the way, might as well get this out of the way now.

Nice!
I just realized that my studs will not be here today, but next Monday
Oops
I found some 1/4-20 Keps at the hardware store, but they were out of 1/4-20 nylocks.
Of course I had left the store before I realized my folly so I had to scrounge up some bolts to mount the recoil in the meantime.