70 up Rupp Clutch Question(s)

I know Brandt was selling a driver to replace the original TC. Dose anyone know what driver that was (it looked just like a comet) or, do you know what driver is a bolt on replacement for the original?

Also, on the secondary. Has anyone played with setting the springs preload? There is 3 holes, everyone I've seen has been set in the middle.

I ended up with 2 good, original TC clutches. Seeing the value of them I'm tempted to use whatever the replacement is and just sell the originals.:shrug:

But I'd like to know a little about those replacements.

Randy I dont know what replacement drivers Brandt sells ... but I have a couple Rupps that came with a Comet 20 series driver on them when I got them , but the others have the original driver on them and I cant tell the difference in riding them when locked up but on take off the originals seem to be jerky under power more than the Comet .

We have comet 20's on two of ours.20 series are a little wider belt (1/8 inch i think) than the origionals.we replaced the driver and driven with 20's and they work great

ELT

The spring settings in the secondary control the rate of shift. The tight setting should give a little bit better takeoff and a quiker backshift. The soft setting will hit top speed faster with less low gear.

The one Ruppparts have are a modified Max-torque clutch, cut down to fit a 5/8 belt. They work good, I have several of them and have had no problems with them. They are all steel, so they should last a long time.
ELT is correct on the adjustment to the spring. The recommended rear clutch setting is the the middle hole, that is where they came from the factory.