71 Rupp rims

Hello,
Does anyone know what original plating was applied to the 28 spoke rupp rims? I have 3 sets taken apart for restoration. Looking for
info on the outer 1/2's and the center cans.
Thanks in advance.
Joe51

Thanks.. I suspect that the center can was stainless. I will verify that when I take everything to the plater. He has an x ray machine that can verify material and plating type.
Regards

Good chance that the brake drum-wheel hub were cadmium plated. Cad was a industry standard for a long time until the EPA stepped.

Most plating shops switched to zinc with resembles cad which is a good alternative but it is not as durable as cadmium.

O.J.

Good chance that the brake drum-wheel hub were cadmium plated. Cad was a industry standard for a long time until the EPA stepped.

Most plating shops switched to zinc with resembles cad which is a good alternative but it is not as durable as cadmium.

O.J.
the 71 and up were zinc. 70 and earlier was cad.

Thanks to all for your feedback. Once I get the parts up to the plater and his x-ray machine Without a doubt I'll know. And will go from there.
On the center can ( the ribbed center section) is not magnetic. I suspect either stainless or Aluminum. While cleaning them up I noticed blistering on the surface. Which suggests they are plated ???
I'll let everyone know what I find.
Side note: Zn NI clear is the new alternative to the old Cad plate.
Regards.
Joe51