71 Rupp Spitfire

Sort of big updates lately. Ended up yanking my block out of my bike to do a refresh, hone, rings and put a Star crank in it.

One build turned into two today. The two stars I picked up ended up both having VKE rods and billet forged pistons (score!). So since my vke trackmaster block (on the right) is a .020 bore and already has a vke billet piston and rod I decided to build both!

Pulled the Star crank out of the Star on the left and put it in my block, put a 4lb flywheel on it, a new set of rings and new ignition. Then took the points crank from my block and my 4.5lb flywheel/ignition and threw it on the left Star. I’ll keep it as a backup or find another frame to throw it in.

Just have to mount a starter cup on my block and get it back into my Rupp for a break in. Need to button up the Star on the left with a different head and whatnot but there’s time for that later! I’ll probably get the third Star (not pictured) cleaned up and save it for later.

Couple races coming up soon, one dirt and a paved oval which will be new to me, ordered some scooter tires for my 10” wheels to give it a shot. Should be a good time!

654C89F0-EBB3-4D28-9265-D0DCA48689B5.jpeg

fistfullabar

No wonder u was eating clones and predators up! "Just some mild port work". You could've took the drags too if you had a better rear tire. U was wheeling up the "hill". Really enjoyed watching those races.

No wonder u was eating clones and predators up! "Just some mild port work". You could've took the drags too if you had a better rear tire. U was wheeling up the "hill". Really enjoyed watching those races.
Hahaha yeah I’ve got a need for more power, I’d love to turn the one on the left into a methanol motor but the upkeep is more than I want to deal with at the moment. The races were fun, hope they have them again next year I’ll be ready with a street tire on the rear

Love this build I’ll be doing something similar with my new to me Rupp. Have you thought about hydraulic disc brakes front and rear? Was a great upgrade to one of my past builds