72 Arctic Cat Prowler seat/seat pan help.

I was hoping to repro a metal seat pan to replace the stock wood one, but problem is I have no stock seat and am unaware of the dimensions. I don't need the cutout dimensions, just the basic rectangle. My friend's an amazing upholsterer so I'll have her deal with the seat itself, but I want to give her good bones to build on.
Any help appreciated!

Ding Ding

Any particular reason you want to go to a metal pan? For something that is never seen, I dont see the need to use a non-wooden pan just to keep it simple. The wood helps isolate the vibrations of the bike too.

The rough dimensions of the rectangular wooden pan are: 13 3/4" long X 8" wide X 3/4" thick.

On mine I used an aluminum pan, 1/4" thick. I had it cut out my a local surplus metal sales shop here in town and drilled the necessary holes, then had it upholstered by a local motorcycle seat guru.

Bumblebee.

Thanks for the tips!
I was thinking metal only because I want to use it as a camp bike and it's known to get rainy up here, so I was picturing a wooden seat pan swelling up and warping.
Apparently my husband has extra marine-grade plywood so I might look into using that.

A wooden base is something that most folks can craft at home. With a proper coating it should outlast the upholstery, regardless of the climate.

GustoGuy

A wooden base is something that most folks can craft at home. With a proper coating it should outlast the upholstery, regardless of the climate.
Exactly. I used a piece of marine grade plywood to attach my front mounted trolling motor on my boat since the front deck sits about 1/2 an inch lower than edge of the boat and attached it to the out door carpet. I coated it with a polyurethane sealant with a disposable cheapo paint brush and it is going on 4 years and still solid as ever.