72 RUPP Roadster...SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME PLEASE!

Jamie1972

Here is a 72 Rupp Roadster for sale on Feebay 271151902712 ....Described as orig. with good chrome and paint chips on tank and some decal ware. PLEASE ANSWER A COUPLE QUESTIONS FOR ME SOMEONE.........

1) First off.. Ive never seen a Roadster.....OF ANY YEAR...RESTORED OR ORIG......starting a bid at 2,500.00 and someone takes the hook!?:facepalm:

2) Only 2 bidders battling it out.......:glare:

3) And its only been 4hrs. into a 7 day auction!!!:001_huh:

Something smells a little....Since we dont have a "fish" icon this will have to do....:001_9898:

But Since we are about Positive persona on this Forum..............I hope he gets 5,000.00 :wink:

Last edited:

jrzmac

1972 Roadster basically all original, except for maybe the carb. original grips, cables and tires. the dude will probably get what he's asking too!!

Buckeye is right, its a Rupp. The seller can ask for that price, and will probably get it. I'm a Rupp fan, but even I have limitations. Some Rupp people don't.

Jamie1972

I guess.......I'm a Rupp guy too. But Gee Wizz...There not dipped in gold.
The name RUPP makes people go :freakout::freakout::freakout:

It would cost $2500 to restore a show Rupp Roadster II. It is only original once and they are getting very hard to find in original unmolested condition. My issue is with the guy that has the molested "original" bike and is looking to get $1000 plus because what is left of the ripped up back seat above the broken tail light says Rupp.

Jamie1972

So...Would the general public rather have one like the one listed for 2,950.00 or a restored to better than orig. for the same price? Because I've seen both....
If there anything like a classic muscle car...Id rather buy one somebody already sunk the money into and can only get 1/2 back on the sale.

Generally speaking in almost every Antique/ Collectible hobby, it is better of buying an original un molested one then any restored one. the only Vintage cars seem to be the exception to the rule!

So...Would the general public rather have one like the one listed for 2,950.00 or a restored to better than orig. for the same price? Because I've seen both....
If there anything like a classic muscle car...Id rather buy one somebody already sunk the money into and can only get 1/2 back on the sale.

Jamie1972

NICE! :thumbsup: I truelly hope he sells it for the 4,500.00! I have never seen these bikes go for this much money....ITS NUTS:eek:ut:

I have no idea about why the price is that high. Kinda makes that Mickey Bike thread look like small potatoes.

The back of the seat is up in the air a lot. Both my 72' are not that high in the back.

Jamie1972

"Do I hear 5..5...5..5,000....555...:hammer:

Feebay may get FLUDDED WITH ROADSTERS!?

Hmmmm...These where what?....400.00 new:shrug:

Last edited: