73 Small Engine Super Scat

horsepower does not really change top speed. RPM determines top speed. horsepower is just how fast you get to that top speed. All tecumseh 3hp to 5hp motors are rated at 3600 rpm. it's just how much punch you get. obviously more punch with 5hp than 3hp. Gearing is really what dictates top speed.
Thanks for a educated answer. The bike is down and getting a gas tank. And was wondering how it would match up against my Rupp Roadster. Or 4hp Speedway

Some members think you are Tommie (AKA: oldschools, AKA: Speedway mini bikes, AKA: Carljohnson) who, let's say, was somewhat lacking in social skills and thus didn't make many friends on here; any friends he may have made probably didn't appreciate it when he went off on the whole forum (You can see a small sample in the thread linked below. He also posted two similar but lengthy rant threads which have been deleted.) Because of that, some members may treat you badly and others may just ignore you, unfairly if you are not that person. Your posts are somewhat similar to Tommie's and it is somewhat suspicious that you have been following Tommie and oldschools even though both accounts have been shut down, and oldschools has been following you. Personally, I'm not concerned about it, just providing some information for you in case you are not that person. If you are not the same person as Tommie/oldschools/Speedway mini bikes/Carljohnson, I don't know how you could convince those who have decided that you are, so good luck with that.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/speedway-scarab.167745/

View attachment 252879

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/oldschools.168025/
I have sent my info to your admin and he acted like he knew nothing. I’m new to Mini bike collecting. And do like Speedway mini bikes along with others. Lam is knowledgeable on Speedway and others and has helped me get my Speedways correct. We sold him a pair of Gemini bikes. I will leave on my own. Thanks for treating a new member this way. I manage many sites I would never allow this. Brad

I have sent my info to your admin and he acted like he knew nothing. I’m new to Mini bike collecting. And do like Speedway mini bikes along with others. Lam is knowledgeable on Speedway and others and has helped me get my Speedways correct. We sold him a pair of Gemini bikes. I will leave on my own. Thanks for treating a new member this way. I manage many sites I would never allow this. Brad
Pretty much the Wild West on here, minimal oversight. I know of a few good members who have been ran off by other members. A couple of members gave me a bunch of crap until they figured out that I wasn't going anywhere. Most members are helpful and friendly. I don't know who Lam is or what he may have to do with anything. As I said in my previous post, I was just providing you with information, thought you might be wondering what the problem could be. In your reply, you seem to blame me for your perceived mistreatment. If that makes you feel better, fine. Life lesson: We can't control the actions of others but we can choose how we react, being butthurt is not a good choice.

Well, I don't think Tommie/oldschools could have gone this long without posting, especially with me goading him for a response, and I haven't noticed any new Speedway freak(s) showing up, so I don't think @Brad Dodge is Tommie/oldschools. Brad, stick around, mostly good folks on here.