820 west bend wins

delray

I thought this was very cool to see. last winter they had some indoor minibike racing in Milwaukee and in the main class a minibike with a 820 west bend wins the race.
sometimes it's not always the motor that wins. it can be the way the bike is setup to turn left,driver,track,gearing ….etc.. but either way very cool to see a old school motor win.
it starts right around the 2 min mark.

That frame looks like a Cat Wildcat. Good riding and a well put together bike. (I ended up watching almost all of this video, so thanks for posting it) :)

What a great surprise to see this. It's a fun vid and a great event that I'd really like to shoot someday. I love it when there's a pull start class. Thanks for sharing.

I'm personally acquainted with a lot of the racers and officials at this race. We'll all get together this weekend in Lexington, Kentucky, for the Red Mile pro flat track race (I'm in Cincinnati right now). If it doesn't rain out, that event will be streamed live on Saturday on fanschoice.tv. I'll post photos later.

Smooth concrete coated with soda pop syrup makes a fantastic racing surface. I raced on a track like that in Oregon several years go. The traction was incredible and it was a total blast. If it was just bare concrete it would take forever for any rubber to get laid down. I'm #8 in the photos below.

delray

tom , to bad you wouldn't be around in late june. one of are clay short tracks here in wis is going to have mini bike circle track racing and have the larger bikes too. I believe some of the bikes that race in Milwaukee will be at this event. plus ton of other bikes too. this track is little bigger then the in door stuff. so if the 820 shows up it maybe little harder for it to when? still fun to watch it go......
here is the track that will be racing on. just little old clay track located out middle of nowhere. perfect size for minibikes too.