84 Honda ATC 200 carb for 196 clone?

Has any one tried using a carb from a 3 or 4 wheeler? My brother has a few ATC200 motors and noticed the carbs are mikuni's. I know these motors make around 9-10 HP so thought it should be around the right size for our motors. The carbs are cheep at around $20-$30 and I might be able to pick a used one up for next to nothing or free.

Are they the same as a mikuni? Looks like the same carb. Was trying to find information on them but am not the best at searching i guess. Thanks for clearing that up for me though. Maybe I will get an intake first and see if I can get a carb to bolt up easy before I get a Mikuni.

They're very similar to the Chi-kuni that has become the darling of the mid-level mod crowd. I see no reason they wouldn't work just fine.

s-l1600.jpg

I'm making a manifold to run a copy of the Keihin, with an accelerator pump, for my Generac 302cc (seems same as 301 Hemi Predator, Loncin made) so I can get the carb/filter out of the breeze on my ElBurro fattie. The air filter hanging out the side of a mini bike has got to be the dumbest thing ever. Or close at least.
I'm behind on getting my HM100 together, but likely run the same carb on it.

DIRTBIKE PIT BIKE CARBURETOR 26MM 27MM CARB PUMP HONDA LIFAN HOWHIT SUNL KINROAD | eBay

Copy of the 1984 CB125S carb.
Honda Motorcycle Parts 1984 CB125S A CARBURETOR Diagram

Last edited: