A Couple of Bikes from Sears Christmas Catalog's

That's the Christmas when I was 8 Years old.

Yes kids, there was a time when "GAY" was not a "bad word". In fact, parents use to name their daughters "Gay or Gaye". Until the "Homosexuals" took the word and dragged it through the gutter to describe their sexual preference.

Wow, okay. I was just trying to be funny. I am old enough to know that "GAY" was used to describe "BEING HAPPY" and that is what they meant. But doesn't it seem a little weird though to describe clothes as being happy. :doah: It should read "Gay youngster in the pajamas".

Last edited:

71dodge

Wow, okay. I was just trying to be funny. I am old enough to know that "GAY" was used to describe "BEING HAPPY" and that is what they meant. But doesn't it seem a little weird though to describe clothes as being happy. :doah: It should read "Gay youngster in the pajamas".
lol yea it should be that lol happy pajamas

mybiz

Just like the Flintstones cartoon there opening song had the words "Were going to have a gay ole time" Out of closet:freakout::repuke:

gay pj's

when coke was still cola & :huh::huh::huh::asshole: :lol::laugh::lol::laugh:
a joint was a bad place to be:blink::blink::001_rolleyes:

i laughed for 20min on & off

Last edited:
when coke was still cola & :huh::huh::huh::asshole: :lol::laugh::lol::laugh:
a joint was a bad place to be:blink::blink::001_rolleyes:

i laughed for 20min on & off
This thread is killing me :lol:, from the first reply on down the line! Funny stuff! I remember the ads and my dad played Jim Croce tapes on the same "stereo" set in his 65 Nova!

oldfatguy

I can still remember standing in Sears way back in 1969 or 70 begging a pleading for one of those minibikes. I didn't end up getting one for about 5 years later when I bought a used rupp continental for 50. bucks. As a 10 year old kid I dreamed about owning one for years ever since I saw my first one that day in Sears.

Wow, okay. I was just trying to be funny. I am old enough to know that "GAY" was used to describe "BEING HAPPY" and that is what they meant.
My comment was not a "dig" towards you SimpleTom, it was meant to be a "dig" towards the Homosexuals that ruined a nice everyday used word. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

I can still remember standing in Sears way back in 1969 or 70 begging a pleading for one of those minibikes. I didn't end up getting one for about 5 years later when I bought a used rupp continental for 50. bucks. As a 10 year old kid I dreamed about owning one for years ever since I saw my first one that day in Sears.
Those were the days when it seemed that Sears and Penney's had lots more stuff to offer. I enjoyed going to those stores during those years as a kid. But not so much these days though. I guess those stores and I have changed and grown apart.

Last edited: