A diesel mini?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
At $1339.99 I would just buy a alcohol race engine. Now that would be cool, and your engine would run cool. And you would way more power.

bio-diesel????? DIESEL?????? yeah you could pull other mini bikes out of a ditch but you sure will be the slowest one on the block... a 2.5HP B&S will be faster and more fun then a diesel... sorry but just the sound of a diesel and mini bike together pushed the wrong button, i dont know why but it just sounds like a pain in the ass and way to costly. for $1300.00 i could buy like 5mini bikes with 5 HP on them and have fun for years.

but again im talking about me... have fun with a diesel:)

I was considering this lol but it's costly and the diesels I looked at were bulky so it'd take more mods than it's worth just to say I have a diesel IMO.

Oldsalt

In the 70s I had an engineering manager that, when confronted with an overdone power transmission design, would opine: "You can power a wrist watch with a diesel engine, however, that would tend to limit mobility". But in this case a diesel engine is a great idea! You will be the first on the block with one. There has to be cheap engine out there somewhere.

65ShelbyClone

I'd really like to get my hands on one to see how easily the injection pump can be turned up. More fuel would bring the torque up quite a bit, but you have to be careful because with diesels more fuel = more heat.

I need to look up some manuals for Hatz and Yanmar diesels to see how beefy the main parts are....

princess auto has a 6.5hp diesel on sale right now for $499, I'm sure they would be torquey but you're not going to break any speed records. For that coin I'd be getting one of those 16hp honda clones