a few more too good to be true ebay listins?

pomfish

No need to panic.

The seller's ID history is over a year and a half, eBay would have booted the seller a long time ago if there were many problems.
https://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=linghuw-4

I didn't order a 125 because it's a 3+R, if it had been a 4-speed I would have ordered one. I did order a 6.5 HP longtail and received a shipping notification email a couple days ago, so I guess something is on the way, estimated delivery 8-8 to 9-19. Being realistic, I'm not expecting a NIB B&S engine, maybe a clone with B&S decals on it; for the price, I rolled the dice. There's the eBay money back guarantee so there's really not much risk involved, just some inconvenience messaging eBay if you don't get what you ordered. Using the link in my eBay Summary, I'm still seeing the longtail listed with "More than 10 available" but the seller's profile shows no items for sale.
You have got to understand how the long con works in China.
I buy lots of high powered LED flashlights direct from china and have been a sucker for these deals in the past.
These guys set up accounts and sell usually cheap items over the course of a year or so and then sell their account info to the scammers.
Then the scammers run their deal and the original owner just claims he was hacked.
Meanwhile Paypal and Ebay eat the costs and life goes on.

This will happen again in Oct-Nov for Christmas season and again near the beginning of Chinese New Year.
The 2020 Chinese New Year Day is on Saturday, January 25, 2020, this year is the Year of the Rat
Seems appropriate.

I gambled on a cheap plasma cutter, under $100 for a $400 machine
It gave me tracking number to check and it appeared to have been shipped
However the tracking number was for a legitimate pakage beloning to someone else and was eventualy shown as delivered

I contacted ebay and was given a refund , my other option was to go thru paypal as they are protected as well

Moral of the story there are some decent deal out there , but if it seems to good to be true then its probably a scam

I gambled on a cheap plasma cutter, under $100 for a $400 machine
It gave me tracking number to check and it appeared to have been shipped
However the tracking number was for a legitimate pakage beloning to someone else and was eventualy shown as delivered

I contacted ebay and was given a refund , my other option was to go thru paypal as they are protected as well

Moral of the story there are some decent deal out there , but if it seems to good to be true then its probably a scam
It works the other way too. Iv had people buy stuff from me then report they didnt receive it. Then ebay gives their money back but I get to keep my money because tracking says they did get it. Always a foreigner type of name go figure. They make 12 billion a year so i guess they dont care too much

Nope, just tons of junk mail; I'm blocking around 30 email addresses every day but they (whomever they may be) seem to have an endless supply of email addresses. :mad:
Same here. I even messaged them and asked to cancel the order but no response.
Not sure what the outcome will be, if I end up with the motor that will go into my Skat chassis.
If motor doesn’t show up, I may have to sell the Skat because the frame is very short, originally came with a 2 stroke.
Not sure my H35 will even fit lol. Had it for years and it’s just taking up space.

Same here. I even messaged them and asked to cancel the order but no response.
Not sure what the outcome will be, if I end up with the motor that will go into my Skat chassis.
If motor doesn’t show up, I may have to sell the Skat because the frame is very short, originally came with a 2 stroke.
Not sure my H35 will even fit lol. Had it for years and it’s just taking up space.
I ordered the 6.5 HP longtail July 22 and received a shipping notification within a couple days, don't think you can cancel after the item has (supposedly) shipped. My delivery window is Aug 8 to Sep 19 (big window, panoramic) so I'll just wait until Sep 20 and notify eBay if it hasn't shown up. I'll be surprised if it shows up, I just ordered it on the slim chance of getting a new engine for $37, knowing I can get a refund if I don't receive it. The junk mail issue really p_____s me off, I think I may need to get a new email address if it continues, that's a PITA due to many online accounts that would need to be edited. This wasn't my first order from a China seller and previous orders were fine, no problems, no junk mail, and none took a month for delivery, but this may be my last due to the email issue.

Nothing… Except for maybe learning a good lesson LOL. Fortunately I didn’t have the email spam problems
Today is the last day of my delivery window, guess I'll notify eBay tomorrow. Check the seller's feedback, now, I think @pomfish may be right and someone else took over that account. That may not have been the source of my spam problem, no way too know, but I'm now blocking 40+ email addresses every day with no end in sight, guess I'll have to get a new address.

capguncowboy

I've noticed a huge influx of spam in my email box as well. Most are from adult dating sites and "young singles in you're area". It went from 2-3 junk emails per day to 40-50.

I can't file a claim until tomorrow, but will do so as soon as they let me. I can't believe Ebay didn't pull the plug on this sooner. The seller never gave tracking info or responded to emails.

I've noticed a huge influx of spam in my email box as well. Most are from adult dating sites and "young singles in you're area". It went from 2-3 junk emails per day to 40-50.

I can't file a claim until tomorrow, but will do so as soon as they let me. I can't believe Ebay didn't pull the plug on this sooner. The seller never gave tracking info or responded to emails.
I use Outlook for email, it's always been very good about sorting messages, determining what's junk and what isn't. With this influx of spam, Outlook seems to get confused and will put messages in my junk mail that shouldn't be there; above the message, it will say "This message is from a trusted sender." and yet it's in my junk mail. Because of this, I feel like I need to take a quick look at each one of them before I block the sender and delete the message. I have to move an occasional legit message to my inbox. I've been blocking senders every day since this started, hoping I could get ahead of them, but I can't even keep up. I get subject matters such as loans, roofing, insurance, home buyers, you name it...