A letter from our neighbors

Do you ever get a letter like this and think, Man old people need to hahahaha off

"Hello,

We kindly Request that you stop riding your mini bikes on our neighborhood streets immediately.

it is illegal to be riding unauthorized motor vehicles on the city streets and it is extremely loud and the drivers do not have any regard for pedestrians or other street traffic

We would like to keep our neighborhood a quiet and safe area for all to enjoy

Legal action will be taken if this illegal activity is not halted immediately

Thank you for your cooperation.
********** Neighborhood Watch"

The following actions will happen

I'll put a muffler on my bike and keep riding like I was, the end.

pomfish

Well Skip, they did warn you.
Myself, I'd lay low for a while and the culprit may reveal themselves and you can work it out.
You are heading for the inevitable otherwise.
JMHO
Good luck and keep a cool head.
Keith

Last edited:
Do you have any friends with loud harleys or cars? Start having them run up Nd down the block late at night then complain to your. Neighborhood watch.

Well Skip, they did warn you.
Myself, I'd lay low for a while and the culprit may reveal themselves and you can work it out.
You are heading for the inevitable otherwise.
JMHO
Good luck and keep a cool head.
Keith
I plan to ease my way back into it, wait a while and start back with my dad's ssscat with a 3hp honda GX100 (Quiet as can be) I recently built a pocket bike with no muffler and a 79cc predator I know that's the issue. thanks for the advice

Just put a muffler on it and quiet it down.....if they still have issue...then cross that bridge when you get to it.
I've been pulled over by cops and they've told me that if they aren't too loud and i'm just tooling around it's fine. not everyone has a welder ya know...

be Very very careful,you wont have any legal defense in court.
weve gotten away with some outrageous stunts,including riding town to town and so forth,
getting pulled over and basically being honest with the state/sheriffs/cops just making them laugh.
they always tell us to get them out of the road etc etc.

but recently a town cop caught first me,cruising the 7-11,told me to get it home lol.
and then a golf cart pilot just 2 streets over and they made an Example out of him.....:hammer:
like...4 tickets and over a grand in fines..:eek:

I've been pulled over by cops and they've told me that if they aren't too loud and i'm just tooling around it's fine. not everyone has a welder ya know...
Welder???? Mufflers bolt on or thread in. I moved into a neighborhood with the mayor..police chief..and fire chief on my block (unknown to me prior)...and now all my bikes have stock mufflers I ride around the streets on.

Thats how I got into this mess. I had an electric golf cart and someone call the cops on me... I mean really,a silent running cart with wheels that dont dig up the grass... My brother in law also had one. He actually uses his a lot in the neighborhood to get around. So I said " I will give them something to call the cops about"... Got my first trike and that was that...

Buy a legal scooter just to piss them off... When they call the cops and the cop says there is nothing they can do then they will stop calling and you can start riding your minis again.

capguncowboy

Thats how I got into this mess. I had an electric golf cart and someone call the cops on me... I mean really,a silent running cart with wheels that dont dig up the grass... My brother in law also had one. He actually uses his a lot in the neighborhood to get around. So I said " I will give them something to call the cops about"... Got my first trike and that was that...

Buy a legal scooter just to piss them off... When they call the cops and the cop says there is nothing they can do then they will stop calling and you can start riding your minis again.
that's almost exactly what I was going to suggest. Buy something street legal until they stop calling, then get the mini back out

yeah i thought the golf cart thing was a bit overboard,
we live in a rural community and he even had a orange farm sign on the back.
i saw him many times driving around with his kids late evening just enjoying a spin around the block.
heck a golf cart is a lot easier for back street traffic to see and how is it a danger to anyone?

i have one neighbor that i "scared " with my loud minibike once :eek:ut:
( you guys would die laughing cause my junks all stock,and one blip from your superbikes would give her heart failure)
but i made a point to go apologize to her about that and so far shes not called the cops on me even tho i test n tune.
fingers crossed.

Perfectly ingenious! the most dirt cheap 49.9cc 2 stroke it is! if they didn't need back pressure to run i'd hack the muffler

The real question is..Were you speeding,doing stunts,Loud muffler or none.? If you were being respectful,might not have drawn attention to yourselves .Let it cool down.Then quite it down. If someone was zipping around a quite neighborhood and my children were playing outside,a letter would be the least of the worries. Some people don't have respect.Get some respect and it goes a long way.

Do you ever get a letter like this and think, Man old people need to hahahaha off

"Hello,

We kindly Request that you stop riding your mini bikes on our neighborhood streets immediately.

it is illegal to be riding unauthorized motor vehicles on the city streets and it is extremely loud and the drivers do not have any regard for pedestrians or other street traffic

We would like to keep our neighborhood a quiet and safe area for all to enjoy

Legal action will be taken if this illegal activity is not halted immediately

Thank you for your cooperation.
********** Neighborhood Watch"

The following actions will happen

I'll put a muffler on my bike and keep riding like I was, the end.
Hey Zac

We were fine until that little pocket bike of your buddies showed up with the straight piped 79cc.

Just walk down 1 block & hop on the trail down by the river. The SSSCat & Bird are quiet enough behind the hills.

The old guy isn't going to get less cranky & he has more time on his hands than you to make your life miserable. Better yet hop in your truck with your brother & go find a good place to ride.

In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for a Honda Z50 with a title.

Dad

Last edited: