A letter from our neighbors

bandit 40

There right you know , this could go in either direction depending on you. I have not had but a few run ins with the law with them laughing and saying how old are you :laugh:. Your neighbors are not gonna go away so your gonna have to keep the piece or ride elsewhere. Laying low would be smart Just my 2 cents.

Hey Zac

We were fine until that little pocket bike of your buddies showed up with the straight piped 79cc.

Just walk down 1 block & hop on the trail down by the river. The SSSCat & Bird are quiet enough behind the hills.

The old guy isn't going to get less cranky & he has more time on his hands than you to make your life miserable. Better yet hop in your truck with your brother & go find a good place to ride.

In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for a Honda Z50 with a title.

Dad
this is why you're the best

jeep4me

Welder???? Mufflers bolt on or thread in. I moved into a neighborhood with the mayor..police chief..and fire chief on my block (unknown to me prior)...and now all my bikes have stock mufflers I ride around the streets on.
Is that the cell block or city block? We know how crooked those east side municipal workers are. Thought maybe you got moved to the white collar wing.

Do you ever get a letter like this and think, Man old people need to hahahaha off

"Hello,

We kindly Request that you stop riding your mini bikes on our neighborhood streets immediately.

it is illegal to be riding unauthorized motor vehicles on the city streets and it is extremely loud and the drivers do not have any regard for pedestrians or other street traffic

We would like to keep our neighborhood a quiet and safe area for all to enjoy

Legal action will be taken if this illegal activity is not halted immediately

Thank you for your cooperation.
********** Neighborhood Watch"

The following actions will happen

I'll put a muffler on my bike and keep riding like I was, the end.
Why would you get upset over a polite letter asking you to stop doing something illegal?

Yeah, hahahaha them. Keep driving your unlicensed off-road-only bike on the city streets when you know it upsets the neighbors. Great Plan! :facepalm:

Itype2slo

Sounds like one unhappy soul being a busybody. Beware it could be George Zimmerman. If the letter is signed have a reasonable chat with the neighbor who signed it. Good luck

Welder???? Mufflers bolt on or thread in. I moved into a neighborhood with the mayor..police chief..and fire chief on my block (unknown to me prior)...and now all my bikes have stock mufflers I ride around the streets on.
You too, huh? :laugh:My neighborhood has the County Administrator, County Attorney, Superintendent of Schools, Sheriff, AND the Speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates. Unless Gangsta Cat is out (no muffler), my bikes are generally quiet and folks stop to talk to the gray haired man riding them little bikes around. Telling the story behind your hobby and project works wonders in positive public relations and you get left alone!

Tink

Grow beards ,cut the sleeves off your denim jackets and add some colors. Wear hankies for do-rags.
A couple kegs ,some goats... or a least a few chickens with paper money rubber banded to one leg for chase(with mini's of course) and catch contests with instant rewards.
A blow out fourth of July bash;and of course mini-bike contests in the yard.
That should help. (Disclaimer ,fun as it would be ;it won't help.)

lucky for me none of my neighbors complain they all think im NUTZZZZZ and get a kick out of it i let there kids ride them and my go karts :thumbsup: been there 17 years riding dirt bikes flat track bikes building and testing stuff and not one complaint :hammer: knock wood very friendly hood im lucky :scooter:

Call him out! Put a big old sign in the front yard, calling him a chicken dropping for not being man enough to discuss it face-to-face. Embarass him right out in the open. There's a reasonable chance he's sent similar letters to your other neighbors, too. You just might find yourself the center of a neighborhood support group. Busybodies like that don't stop, until you live your life like THEY think you should.

Call him out.

Roger

Since I bought the house next to the house I grew up in and several of the neighbors remember me riding my mini bike 40 years ago. Nobody is surprised.

Call him out! Put a big old sign in the front yard, calling him a chicken dropping for not being man enough to discuss it face-to-face. Embarass him right out in the open. There's a reasonable chance he's sent similar letters to your other neighbors, too. You just might find yourself the center of a neighborhood support group. Busybodies like that don't stop, until you live your life like THEY think you should.

Call him out.

Roger
I'm gonna ride up to his house and tell him to talk to me like a man tell me i need a muffler and a curfew