Adding double power

I have an old go kart with a 1”live axle. It’s fast going straight but sucks when making sharp turns so I “disconnect” one back tire from engaging and it works fine. I plan to drive it off road and one wheel drive is a bummer. I plan to add a second engine. The right side engine to power the live axle and right tire. The left engine to power a double flange hub with bearing and same size sprocket. I need help finding a double flange hub with 1” bearing. The largest I can find is 3/4”most are 5/8”. 2E7EC19B-EB1B-4C0A-BB6D-4AB1CCD22C90.png I prefer not to change the whole live axle unit to 3/4” if I don’t have to. I’d appreciate any help. Thanks Tony

why not add a peerless differential? it should solve your turning issues while still maintaining power to both wheels.
Thanks for are response Joshua. I have a dune cat for my son with a peerless type axel and painted a Spider-Man themed. The other old go kart I have l wanted something different. 2 engines without adding a Jackshaft. I also plan on making a fiberglass shell simulator to a funderbird but wavy,bumpy and ‘tentacles’ like Marvel’s Venom. Along with the seat padding that looks like his head. I think a 1”double hub would be easiest if I can find one. DDF3D76F-580A-491B-AF38-3B843F3A83CC.png F900EDB5-88EA-4F85-AEC5-76D15048AB9A.png

Thanks RPH. I like the way you think (out side the box)That was my thought too. Or having the grove on the axle welded solid than have it turned smooth because I have found an 1” double hub with needle bearing. I’m afraid that the heat from welding may un-temper the axle and don’t want to pay to have it re-tempered. So unless I can find a 1” hub by spring I will have to have it turned to 3/4”. I also was thinking if I could find 2 - 1’hubs and weld them together one for the rim and one for the sprocket. I can’t even find those on the web. Thanks again