Adding strong foot pegs?

I have the CT200U And really the worst thing about it is it has no suspension and the foot pegs are too far forward to stand up all the time to obsorb the bumps so I really want to put a strong reliable pair of foot pegs directly under me somehow?

Does anybody know of a good way to do this?

Just welding a foot peg bracket to the tubing will hold up to be standing on all the time (I am 180lbs) or does it have to be reinforced to make it strong somehow?

Just welding them won't hold. I have some that were welded on one of my Doodlebug frames right under the rider for the shifter. It came out from under me and one of them bent and ripped a hole in the frame. Weld on some proper mounts so you can do folding footpegs. I'd gusset them like owend mentioned to make them stronger.

I have front suspension mounted on my CT200U frame, but it wouldn't work with the stock CT200U wheel/tire. You could run Doodlebug wheels with 145/70-6 tires. It'd be necessary to fab up a rear brake mount, but you'd also be able to run a hydraulic setup.

That's basically what I've done with mine, but I have street tires installed since this bike will rarely see dirt. The frame is the only CT200U part left on it and even that's been modified now.

Next to one of my Doodlebugs. The street tires are smaller, but not by a ton. You can also see the welded on pegs that I mentioned on the one on the left. I hate that setup and am going to have a buddy fab up a forward control style shifter setup so I can get rid of those pegs.

I don't trust any pegs welded to thin tubing. I laid a 1/2 tube across the top of the frame and clamped it to the frame with u-bolts. I don't like welding anything on this Chinese steel, you can create a brittle area.

Theres no problem welding new pegs to a db or ct frame. The tubings plenty strong. Im 300lbs and never broke anything. Just make a new mount and use dirtbike pegs.
You did a proper mount with a non-fixed peg on the bike in the front. That's the way to do it. How it was done on mine is not the way to do it.