Adjustable carb?

Dam Karl you been holding out . It's looks like the adjustable one that stout racing sells they go for about 25 dollars .
You don't need it just ship it to me .

Oh does the main there have a bigger hole than the normal clone jets ? I read that the adjustable jets have to have at least a .060 , main to work .

There are a couple of different ways to make something like this.

Most use a rubber O ring to seal it up

Gumpit:
Where did it leak from?
you could use Teflon tape on the nut.
you could put a dab of pipe dope on the adjustment screw and hope this controls the drip.

Seemed to be leaking between the O-ring and the bowl nut. I think it was mostly unscrewed to where I needed it set. So there wasnt much spring pressure on the washer up against the O ring. I probably could have stretched the spring to put on more pressure but by the time I had it set I was frustrated and gave up.

A stock carb just simply does not need this much adjustment . it won't flow enough air to require that much fuel .. By the time you buy or make one and mess with it you could just buy a 26mm mikuni or similar flat slide and improve performance

In another recent thread I have been reading about the head aches involved with pump E-85 tuning.
I was not aware that this fuel is so inconsistent that you are better off just running it in your EFI engines.

I have been playing with a few carbs of my own that are fully tune able on the fly.
Its not easy to keep a handle on Iso/Meth/Eth/Xylene/Tolue/gasoline blends because of speed they separate and absorb water.
There is not E-85 where I live and so I blend my own fuels.
Consistent?
No I admit I add more Iso or Xylene even top oil on the go and I am constantly messing with screws.

Why not just run meth you say?
Or for that matter just gasoline?

Highest Octane I can get outside of 100LL is 91 and its probably all I need for my state of tune if If I add a bit of something to boost that ( that last part is hard to pin down ).
But Meth mix is nice if you can keep it mixed in because it makes a bit more power and drops your head temperature too.
Too much of it and the oil can get milky, you have to watch that and constantly keep from going to fat and washing out.

The tune on the fly carb can be quickly adapted to a fuel mixture ration change.
How much is surprising you know...

My last series 3 carb was supposed to be a lot more narrow ranged than the ones that proceeded it.
I think I screwed up on the numbers and ended up with a flat head carb ( those I find are richer in the first place, but the drilling data does not support this so it may be a difference in the Etube and air ports on the low side ).

What do you gain?
I guess it depends on what you want from a carb too.

I am going to shamelessly plug this carb again.
It continues to impress with its ease of tuning and I have not found the limits of its adjust ability.
I bet I could go to full meth, or very close.