Adult sized "Frijole" style bike

Been working on my build, in hind sight, should have entered it in the build off as the timing is pretty close. I took someones posted rough dimensions for a frijole frame and enlarged them so a 6'+ guy can ride comfortably. Pics are my progress so far. I am quite pleased with the result. the first one is extra wide (12") as the motor I am using was from a pump so it has a gear reduction on it that sticks out another 3-4". Next frame is only 10" wide.
IMG_9367.JPG
IMG_9368.JPG
IMG_9371.JPG
IMG_9372.JPG
IMG_9374.JPG
IMG_9382.JPG
IMG_9383.JPG

Hey RobertC,
We might be neighbors lol, very nice looking frame,. What means did you bend your tubing with, it looks great. I would like to build a frame but don't won't to spend a mint on a tubing bender for very little use. I hope you keep posting up pictures, I want to see where your build goes from here!
C
SORRY Robert I miss read the post, Noenick how do you bend your tubing.
C

Last edited:
Been working on my build, in hind sight, should have entered it in the build off as the timing is pretty close. I took someones posted rough dimensions for a frijole frame and enlarged them so a 6'+ guy can ride comfortably. Pics are my progress so far. I am quite pleased with the result. the first one is extra wide (12") as the motor I am using was from a pump so it has a gear reduction on it that sticks out another 3-4". Next frame is only 10" wide.
View attachment 94446
I like it. The proportions are very nice with the big wheels. Keep posting pics.

And I spy with my little eye.... A mustang II suspended, small block Ford powered, 46, 7 or 8 Ford Sedan.....??? I believe 46 by the molding holes... But I could be wrong....

Doug

Cfrewilly, I am using a jd squared bender I borrowed from a friend
IMG_9377.JPG
FOMOGO, you are close on the car but not the engine, it is a 41 chevy with mustang II front, the engine is a 4g63 out of a 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse, turbo four cylinder.
IMG_9247.JPG

Last edited:
FOMOGO, you are close on the car but not the engine, it is a 41 chevy with mustang II front, the engine is a 4g63 out of a 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse, turbo four cylinder.
View attachment 94467
The molding holes around the side windows reminded me of the molding on the 46 sedans. And the engine looked like it had 4 equally spaced exhaust ports which looked small block fordish....

I like the engine choice. That should be very usable power and economy too. Should be a fun car.

Doug

Almost done with the second frame. The first seems to be perfect for my 6' father in law but I was getting crotched without a seat on. I am 5' 8" on a good day. So I made my frame 2" shorter and a 3" smaller wheel base. It is still bigger than the original Frijole dimensions I found. And of course mine is only 10" wide compared to his 12" for the wider engine. I have also bent all the pieces for a third frame so I can return the bender. Next up is engine mounts. I also bought the drum brakes, throttle and brake levers for both bikes.
IMG_9389.JPG
IMG_9390.JPG
IMG_9391.JPG

More progress:

IMG_9398.JPG
IMG_9399.JPG

I am having a hard time with the engine that is geared down because it was connected to a pump. The shaft inst threaded so I have to use set screws on the clutch but I cant put the clutch on with the gear towards the engine because the shaft isn't long enough to have the set screws engage it. So that puts the chain almost up against the frame.

Well rode it around last week in the state of the pic below and the chain kept bouncing too much and coming off and the drum brake is complete crap. so I am fixing both problems with a jackshaft with a disk brake. Ordered some stuff from OldMiniBikes and they sent the wrong bearings and forgot to send the sproket I ordered so I have to wait for them to reship those.
IMG_9422.JPG