advanced timing valve lash

The card that came with the mod2 cam says .003 but I run the intake at .002 and exhaust at .003

The flywheel has built in advance and the documentation didn't mention valve lash, it did specify the minimum air gap for the coil though

The card that came with the mod2 cam says .003 but I run the intake at .002 and exhaust at .003

The flywheel has built in advance and the documentation didn't mention valve lash, it did specify the minimum air gap for the coil though
Yeah your lash sounds correct. Right so you need to use a feeler gauge you use for finding your lash in order to assure your coil gap is correct. So whatever it mentions should be your coil lash. :thumbsup:

Coil lash? I know what you meant. (deleted wrong info) I had read somewhere that a business card was the right size for the coil gap. That was bad advice, motor would barely start. I've also read 2 business cards but after the 1 card experience I said F it and bought a new set of guages. That worked. ARC wanted .030 for the billet flywheel coil air gap and it runs strong once I got the jet right.

Last edited:
Coil lash? I know what you meant. It's probably not a rule that the coil gap is the same as the valve lash. More like a coincidence. I had read somewhere that a business card was the right size for the coil gap. That was bad advice, motor would barely start. I've also read 2 business cards but after the 1 card experience I said F it and bought a new set of guages. That worked. ARC wanted .003 for the billet flywheel coil air gap and it runs strong once I got the jet right.
:laugh: yeah I meant spacing. Always use the right tools. I have learned my lesson many times.

That's what the paper says. Sounds like small block Chevy timing. I've heard the advance is built in the billet flywheel. Whatever it is it runs strong.