Aftermarket Rear Banchi Brake?

I'm building a Banchi with my son and we have the rear turbine wheel with the drum....but that's it. Is the some where we can get the rest of the brake system? Do they make a aftermarket part that will work with that drum wheel combination? I'd like to keep that as the brake system but I guess I could go with a clutch brake.

Thank you,
Matt

Thank you...

for the input. I actually emailed OldMiniBikes a week ago with this question. Never got a response. What stops the assembly from rotating? If someone has a pic of the Banchi rear brake set it would help me. Thanks again for all the help. I'll be ordering the OldMiniBikes part today.

I restored a 1969 Banchi and had the same question about the rear brake. A good OldMiniBikes member posted good pictures. Do a search for Banchi and you should be able to find the pictures on this site.
Good luck.

If you are restoring it back to original the bendix one is the correct one with the correct stationary bolt hole threaded. I think the azuza one has not so good braking material and it will need to be modded to work correctly. But that is my option and experience.

Rear Banchi Brake

Shame on me but I ordered the 5" Bendix brake and didn't measure the drum I have......well of course my drum is too small. I measure it and come up with just over 4 1/4. Any ideas? Thanks again for the help. Sorting this brake out is turning me gray!:hammer:

It's difficult to find the smaller diameter brake assemblies. This is the only source I found for the 4" diameter brakes. They say they're for Cat and original, but they are from Taiwan. Still, they work fine. Not sure of your brake stop application. Some of my bikes use a piece of steel welded to the frame, and others have a threaded area for a large bolt.

Cat Muskin Mini Bike Minibike Brake w Shoes | eBay

Don't know what to do

Well I ordered the 4 1/4 from OldMiniBikes and it does not work with the wheel or the drum I have.The drum I have has an ID of 4.325 and mounts with six bolts on the inside of the drum. I didn't want to alter the frame for a scrubber brake and I didn't want a clutch brake but I think I'm heading in one of these directions.:confused::eek:

Vicky at OldMiniBikes is Awesome

After many phone calls and measurements, what I have is very different from what I can buy. Ended up going with the clutch brake. Vicky was very patient and nice in dealing with me and my strange/unique situation. Thank you Vicky.