Aggie Mini bike

Just picked up an Aggie bike. Was hoping someone had some pictures they could share to help with the build or any knowledge you might have. Somethings I had question about were the rear fender mount, seat dimensions, what the original handle bars looked like, did they have a specific clutch cover, what colors did they come in? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just picked up an Aggie bike. Was hoping someone had some pictures they could share to help with the build or any knowledge you might have. Somethings I had question about were the rear fender mount, seat dimensions, what the original handle bars looked like, did they have a specific clutch cover, what colors did they come in? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don't know much about it but here's one that I did a rattle can resto for a buddy of mine's grandson. Phxminiguy52 mark Screenshot_2018-11-22-19-38-47.png

sonerenos

this has the original style clutch cover. originally they are cast aluminum but this one is fiberglass. your wheels would also be the correct wheels for your bike. note the obnoxious handlebars are the original as well. the seat is a generic seat lots of companies used. hope that helps

aggie 2.jpeg aggie.jpeg

markus

pull the footpegs off, It will show the original color.......here's your bike before it got the jackshaft tabs welded on and you can see the OG blue pretty good there. :

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/aggie-97-roller.108255/#post-924578

The Taco style seats were a good match, been awhile since I built my KOL/mickey bike version bike but I think it was the earlier skinny Taco seat that was the same dims. The Aggie 97's though usually have sparkly multi colored seats though not basic black.

those bikes were sold through Montgomery wards, 69-70 are the only dated advertisements I have ever been able to find. yours is of course the "97" version the 88 was the bare bones with one pice forks and the 98 was the full suspension model

I think Aggie 97's could have either Briggs or 4hp Tecumseh...depending when they came out. Production might have spanned the time when Briggs got out of mini bikes. Mine has a 69 Tecumseh....similar to these pics I found.
Ad however, and other literature shows them with Briggs.

Blue paint looks darker in Ad than on these pics....not sure if they changed tints or if it is just from fading over time.
No one on here has ever figured out what paint colors they used on these bikes. Last one is mine. It has been rattle canned over with a darker blue....but where OG paint shows...it looks more like the other two in pics (lighter blue)...and less like the Ad (darker blue).

Attachments

markus

I think Aggie 97's could have either Briggs or 4hp Tecumseh...depending when they came out. Production might have spanned the time when Briggs got out of mini bikes. Mine has a 69 Tecumseh....similar to these pics I found.
Ad however, and other literature shows them with Briggs.

Blue paint looks darker in Ad than on these pics....not sure if they changed tints or if it is just from fading over time.
No one on here has ever figured out what paint colors they used on these bikes. Last one is mine. It has been rattle canned over with a darker blue....but where OG paint shows...it looks more like the other two in pics (lighter blue)...and less like the Ad (darker blue).

That Promo pic with J.C. is Killer!!!!!!!! The Tecumseh powered bikes you will notice have the wide frame rails on the top....that is to clear the fuel cap. I actually got an email from someone in the family that owned KOL the other day inquiring about my late Mickey bike. Its not something I am looking sell off but I am hoping maybe they may be willing to share some info about the KOL's.