Allied Leisure Lil' Indian

I'm going out this weekend to look at this Lil' Indian-I have a question or three:
1) When did they start making the two piece frames? I noticed this model is a somewhat larger two-piece frame- not like the originals,but I still like it.

2)Was a 6 hp Tecumseh an option on this model originally?

3) Should there be an I.D. plate anywhere on the bike?

Thanks for any info-take care.

In not sure what your payin but they do still make these bikes and sell them in roller fourm for around $500 i think it was and they are bigger than the old ones as far as engine i belive it was up to u to pick what u wanted not sure if they have id tags or not but allied is in lovina mi and they still build these bile sp it just not a "rare" indian

They were made back around 2000ish with that frame. I've got one of the choppers. They had options on the engine available at the time, my chopper has a 6hp tec powers port and tav. I've got all the paperwork and original catalog of the line of allied leisure bikes from around then.

Thanks for the info-the asking price is a lot lower than $500.00!! I'm going to look at it-it supposedly runs strong. As far as it being rare,I think anything made after 1995 or so isn't that collectable. In my opinion,anyway. The engine is worth a bunch if it runs good. Take care.

They were made in the 80's-early 90's...the ones they are selling now, are frames they had still sitting around. They use to have tons of old stock frames like those and the choppers. They sold out of the springer front ends years ago, but still have mags and other parts. Yadda yadda..:anon.sml:

I know this thread is a little old but I just wanted to note that a coworker brought in a Recreational Leisure Corp catalog today. It's from '99 and appears to have some of the same things that Jake shows. I'd like to find some earlier catalog information if anyone has anything they'd like to share. Especially from the earlier series of bikes. I found that even in the 90's some of the pieces carried through from the 60's. Or so it appears. Not many but a few none the less.