ALLIS CHALMERS FLITE 5 Mini Bike Roller

Looks like a Gilson. The Allis Chalmers model with the spoke wheels had black forks. No Allis Chalmers decal on the swing arm either.
I thought the same thing. Also what's with the added cross tube on the bars? And how come people always put the fork lowers on backwards after repaint?

Robertt8883

I own it.I am trying to get pics from a person i know that has True Allis Chalmers.I haven't done anything to this bike ,its exactly how I received it.
This bike also, has a lot of the stuff and detail of my friends AC.Very hard to notice a difference.I appreciate all the input on how to distinguish between the two.Someone tried to rattle can or touch up the paint but there is definitely old orange paint underneath.If there was a decal on the lower fork leg it could of been easily removed.

Last edited:
The decal would have been on the right side of the swing arm. There are no other differences between a Gilson and the Allis Chalmers except for the decals and paint job. If you had repro decals you could make a Gilson into an Allis Chalmers.

Why do you keep linking your craigslist ads here like they are something you just found on craigslist? Why not just list them in the classifieds?

Robertt8883

Thats easy i have been having major problems or attaching pics in my file on OldMiniBikes for the last two weeks since OldMiniBikes crashed.I tried to put in a simple add on parts it wouldn't work so i copied and pasted the easy way so i could just get this out.I have several other Gilson"s all with Big wheels on this Allis Chambers i am claiming to have the swing arm and the jackshaft plate are 2 inches longer than the others. I purchased this bike for a collector who has always claimed this bike as a Allis Chalmers. Hard to prove either way with or without a decal for Allis Chalmers

From what I understand all the large wheeled Gilson made bikes had the longer swing arm and jack shaft plates. Obviously someone added the larger wheels to your other Gilson frames which should have the six inch wheels.

Gilson

Gilson/Montgomery Wards

Gilson Brochure