Alsport RTS engine options

Been searching around and not finding much. I thought someone here might know how different the mounting plates were between the Kohler twins and the Tecumseh hh160’s ? My unfinished build off trike didn’t go well since the Spirit/ Arctic Cat 500 the P.O. took the time to put on fit, but the belt wouldn’t clear the shock support... so that’s gone.

So now I’m leaning towards a big four stroke single like some of them came with but I don’t have one right now to mock fit up. I know a modern OHV won’t fit on the engine plate I have now ( a predator 212 will barely fit between the seat and shock supports and it’s only half on the motor plate when it does.)

Any thoughts will help, anyone have one with the big Tecumseh single? I can get an old one easy enough but am wondering about mounting plate angles etc. I know they are tall and fairly narrow.
Thanks, M/O

No, I’ll post some pics later on, thanks for the pic though. I see an old post from where a member put a 420cc on his rts so I pm’d him.
My engine plate is shorter than that one.

Thanks guys, I think I’m going with a longer steel engine plate, 10” X 15” over the old one to hold a 305cc Briggs Vanguard that I have and since it’s a 1” crank I’ll get a Comet 40 series symmetrical driver to handle the load. Sound about right?

Yes, there's just enough room on these to put the 1" shafted "big" OHV engines on it, meaning a Honda GX390, Briggs 305, Predator 420 etc like that. The gas tank might have to be the stock one with a fuel pump since that jackshaft, shock towers and brake setup take up a lot of room back there. I guess that's good since it moves the engine forward of the rear wheels though.

I'm in the middle of a build my self.. trying to go street legal, we'll see what happens, if not I have a glorified go kart.. i am wanting to keep the starter on my predator 420 and no matter what I tried, it does not fit with starter on it.. I even tried raising it to clear the shock tower bar but the seat pipe tilts back to far as it goes up so the belt just ends up rubbing on something.. so I am going way outta the box... so it will no longer be a true alsport tri sport.. so I'm calling it the Tri-Gogglin. and before all you haters out there start thrashing me about it I have an a original alsport tri sport sl with title that I would never alter even though the guy be for me put a Honda helix front end on it so that sucks but that can be fixed..any way it started out as just a frame so I got to start from scratch any way so why not try something different..i am moving the motor out the back and running the belt forward and throwing every thing else where the engine is suppose to go..to throw the weight back forward so not to do wheelies. and yeah I know it wont be the fastest thing on three wheels...