Alsport tri sport 290 and 340

The one on the bottom (fig.3) looks like what was used for my SL250 which was street legal.
The one on the bottom (fig.3) looks like what was used for my SL250 which was street legal.
sorry I edited my post . I wanted info on 290 or 340 sl and the phase three model. The parts manual has both of the frames pictured ,but does not say witch is witch. Are all three models the same frame? And witch frames are pictured.

From what I can see, in my 1974 owners manual, the Phase II units used the longer, stronger radius arms. The SL and other models used the shorter, single rod units. Otherwise, the frames are more, or less, the same. The phase II overall length was 85 inches. The SLs were 87. There are some real experts, on here, that should be along to set you straight.

The one on the bottom (fig.3) looks l
From what I can see, in my 1974 owners manual, the Phase II units used the longer, stronger radius arms. The SL and other models used the shorter, single rod units. Otherwise, the frames are more, or less, the same. The phase II overall length was 85 inches. The SLs were 87. There are some real experts, on here, that should be along to set you straight.
so the bottom pic is of the phase 3 frame? And the top pic is the sl290 frame?

wjustice

The top pics a RTS frame for a ccw engine. It has a dip in the shock cross. The carb is straight out and needed clearance. The kohler has a carb mount that can be flipped and the dip is not needed. The bottom is for RTS Offroad, SL and Phase111 until they came out with the dual tube frame. The street legal would have used the bottom pic and possibly the dual tube frame later.

The top pics a RTS frame for a ccw engine. It has a dip in the shock cross. The carb is straight out and needed clearance. The kohler has a carb mount that can be flipped and the dip is not needed. The bottom is for RTS Offroad, SL and Phase111 until they came out with the dual tube frame. The street legal would have used the bottom pic and possibly the dual tube frame later.
Thank you that helps a lot.didnt realize how many different models they produced.until I got started on this project.