Alsport Tri sport

wjustice

And looking at the pics again. Does he have the expansion chambers? That has the rollbar and u-pipes for expansion chambers. The exhaust is a u-pipe coming over the top of the engine isnt it?

wjustice

Oops again an idea. Find out if it has the fuel tank. Its an odd shaped plastic tank that mounts in the rear body and comes up the hole in the rear top.

It's hard to really tell what he has there but there is a lot of stuff there and probably a lot we can't see. I bought a K 440 2AS engine that has very few miles on it. I have the Kohler parts manual for both engines and the coils and stator are the same so I'll maybe just swap them out and see how it runs.

I will definitely ask about the expansion chambers and the fuel tank. He did say everything was there and that it was running before being parked so hopefully he has them. Calling him in a second and I'll ask and update.

Well called and no dice. He's going to double check tomorrow and look but he doesn't recall having the exhaust or fuel tank. Thinks his son took them off for some reason....

He did mention that the turn signals and bracket was still there........so would that mean its a street legal model??

Also what are my options for sourcing stuff for:
Rebuild kit for either of the two engine options
Expansion chamber
Fuel tank.....that should be easy.

wjustice

You'll also need the f-pipe. I'd look on ebay at least the f-pipe should be findable. The tank? Yeah use anything that will fit. If you saw mine that us a stock RTS but the SL is fitted inside of the body.

Ok cool well I appreciate the info. I will post up a new thread Friday when I get my hands on it and go through it all. I'm sure I will have lots of questions.

Oh wait one last question. Which is the most rare model? Something tells me the street legal but you never know.

Well I picked it up this morning and now that I have it I'm starting to realize it might not be a good enough start to restore.
Lots of rust which can be worked around most of it is artificial but it needs all new hardware for sure.

The biggest issue I see right now is it needs a lot of parts....here is a short list of the big ticket items....
New fenders
Missing a brake caliper
New front wheel
Needs all new tires
Needs all new throttle and brake lines
Heim joints
U joint
Turn signal bulbs and lenses
Battery
Fuel tank
Exhaust
Missing 1 foot peg
Needs new chain

But hey the 3 things that aren't on my list are fine.

Not sure what to do guys.....I definitely over paid for it.
Should I sell it......part it out....or restore it......
Only really good news I have is that its mostly all there and it is a 340 street legal model. Not sure how rare they are???
20141226_111627.jpg 20141226_095006.jpg 20141226_094936.jpg 20141226_094916.jpg

wjustice

It depends what you are going to do with it. A restore? Those parts are a tuff find but an offroad runner maybe not too bad. Ill go sown your list.
Fenders-offroad version didnt have any.
Brake-wont find them new maybe used. I used aftermarket.
Front wheel-can be found used from minibikes.
Tires-yup but not cheap
Throttle and brakes lines-typical
Bulbs and lenses-bulbs shiuld be common. Lenses gonna be hard to find.
Battery-standard cycle type.
Fuel tank-nearly impossible. Make something or find something that can fit.
Exhaust - maybe used. Or rt21trading. John deere used the 290 in some models. May get the f-pipe.
Foot peg-3/4round stock drilled and threaded.
Chain-40 sized and common.
If you decide to part it some things are in demand some are not.

Guess I've got some real thinking to do.
Things I've found on the trading site you mentioned....
Fuel tank original but no vent line or cap
Bearings for the jack shaft
F pipe and muffler.

I'm gonna look at possibly doing the stock exhaust since it can be had for under 100 bucks and maybe sell the exhaust header I have now for the expansion chamber cool exhaust I don't have lol.

Guess I'll start with the heim joints and the universal and get those.
If I can find them I'll pull the harness and engine and media blast and paint the frame.

The site has the fuel tank like I mentioned previously but its like 130 so for that much money I'll just get a small fuel cell and work with that.

I already bought it so I might as well continue and restore it.
The front wheel is rotted at the bottom where it sat but its also locked up on the axle. Probably just that the bearings are seized.