Alsport Tri sport

It looks like you have most of it there. It all comes down to how much time you want to spend on it. You can probably find lots of the parts you need or try to find another trike for parts. I like that its the 340, and if it runs I would keep it and slowly work on it. You have Wjustice , Steve and lots of others that can help you out. I might not be a lot of help here from Canada but I will do what I can to help you out.

wjustice

The SL fuel tank is different then rt22 has. They mount differently and in different places. J/s uses standard insert bearings and can be had at farm supply. Check the imside of the front brake drum. They rust and rot through.

Yes the SL fuel tank is one thing that gave me the most trouble. As I didn't tare the trike down I was not sure of how it was supported and it slipped down and the driven half of the torque converter wore a hole in the tank I went through 3 types of repair kits and finely got one to stick and stay. I used a u shaped pipe strap and fitted a small block of hard maple ( Pipe Organ foot pedal ) under the tank.
I still have the 3 1/2 gallon fuel tank that is 8 inches round and 16 inches long that I bought from OldMiniBikes member Sinner70 I was hoping to find it a home on a street trike as an auxiliary tank.
As for bearings and such supplies I find it better for quality and selection at a local industrial bearing house.
Steve

I found the u joint and u joint cup at tractor supply. They have a bunch of bearings and stuff as you guys mentioned.
I didn't have any luck finding any heim joints locally. More places to look but I tried northern tool....tractor supply....and lowes.

I removed the broken heim joint from what I'm going to call the rear wheel stabilizer lol.
Not sure if it was factory or not but the heim joint was just threaded in to a nut that was welded on the stabilizer arm ( lol) but of course it was rusted so I ground of the welds and removed the but and him joint.

Once I find the joints, and assuming the u joint I bought works, I'll have the back end back together.

Question: the chain tensioner gear is frozen up.....does it have a bearing or is it just the sprocket in there? Shot some pb blaster on it in hopes it spins free once again.

wjustice

Chain tensioner should have a bearing. You may need to try something like grainger for the heim joints. I cut the nuts off both of mine and welded new on. Brakes again you may need to locate old minibike stuff.

So can someone post up a few pics of their Trisport front wheel. I'm definitely missing some hardware up front.
Also where can I find the tag on the alsoort for year....vin...model...etc.

Thanks

wjustice

Mines an offroad has a different front wheel. Vin should be on the steering neck. Yours is a 74. They didnt make a SL in 73 and they sold for 75. New owner didnt produce a SL.

Oh ok then the 74 plate makes a lot of sense lol.
I found a few parts online so I'll start building my wishlist.

In my rush I mistook the 1" shaft for a 7/8" shaft and got the wrong u joint cup.....doh.

I only have my phone with me right now so it's not easy to load pictures. If that didnt work go to my photos and a close-up of the front wheel should be there. I will take some Close ups of the front wheel and post them for you when I get home.