Alsport/Trisport

Not really sure what I've got here other than an old Alsport/Trisport. It has a small horizontal shaft engine. I'm assuming around a 5 hp. No brake handle or cable. No Throttle or cable. My son just took the motor to school for a small engines class. Any help with dimensions for cables would be appreciated. Needs a little welding on the frame. I found it sitting in a field behind one of my son's friends house. Thanks

New phone 221.jpg

BGW manufacturer and TriRod
Driver clutch looks to be in good shape still. How does the driven unit mounted on the jackshaft look ? These trikes are pretty straightforward and very simple to work on. Parts are just standard mini bike-go kart-industrial/farm !
Looks like it should clean up really nice :thumbsup:

CaptNugget

Definitely a BGW Tri-Rod. I'm in the middle of redoin one right now. I've got the body 90% done but still need a few engine parts. I'm not sure if jackshaft mount is exactly correct, it didn't have it and I found one from a trike I believed to be similar,
It'll work I just need to mount it. I'm putting a Duromax 16 hp electric start on it! Best of luck looks nice. If you have questions I might be able to help so just ask

Here's a pics of mine when I get it.. Haven't uploaded pics of restoration yet. Soon I'm goin to start a post about the rebuild

It's a project, like I don't have enough already. Needs a few welds repaired and forks are bent but not too bad. It's going to get sandblasted and repainted from bottom up. Need to get a throttle and brake lever off Ebay. Cables are pretty long so if anyone has a measurement for them it would be appreciated. This is my 1st old trike project. I'm usually doing old Rupp sleds. 20141220_153100_resized.jpg