Alsport TriSport

wjustice

I wish I could find a small framed RTS around here. Then again I wish I could find time to work on what I have now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have one of those about the same condition. It's missing the engine but the rest seems complete if your interested shoot me a PM....Ohio isn't that far away : )

The big one of the small frame units was a great seller and the biggest limit was the bigger rope pull required to start the machine . Where the 5 HP fit the younger drivers. The same went for the McCulloch machine it was more work than a lot of people wanted to do. Keeping a hot 2 stroke running and they used up their belts much faster. I loved them all but the Bigger frame models were my choice.

I have one of those about the same condition. It's missing the engine but the rest seems complete if your interested shoot me a PM....Ohio isn't that far away : )
I tried to send you a PM but it's not showing me that it sent. If not let me know and I will send you another PM.

The big one of the small frame units was a great seller and the biggest limit was the bigger rope pull required to start the machine . Where the 5 HP fit the younger drivers. The same went for the McCulloch machine it was more work than a lot of people wanted to do. Keeping a hot 2 stroke running and they used up their belts much faster. I loved them all but the Bigger frame models were my choice.

Do you have a picture with a small frame and a large frame together ? I'm trying to see the difference. I'm sure its there,I'm just trying to get a better idea of it.

Sorry but I don't have a picture of the two sizes of RTS frames. The small frame is made with 4 small diameter tubes that kind of form a cage around the engine. The seating area if about the same and the front end is the same.
The large frame RTS in most cases was a single backbone frame made out of I believe 1 1/2 inch tubing. That backbone went under the seat and then went into a pitch fork design that was where the differential was held in place. The brakes were made two ways the off road trikes had a jack shaft mounted single hydraulic caliper disc brake. Where the Street legal had twin hydraulic brakes that floated around a pair of 8 inch disc.
I did have one RTS frame that was dual tubes it came off a frame that I sold the Mr. Jack Harkey a good friend who is gone now but I ended up buying back from him his two trikes in 2002. Dual tube frames were used on the Daytona Phase III Racer.

Thanks Steven,great info. Even though I'm a newby at posting,I have hung around this forum off and on for years and came to know long ago that you are the trike guru here. I'm hoping to get back to the trikes and will probably want to pick your brain some on these machines.

I just wish that I had found the OldMiniBikes a few years earlier just who knows how much more trouble I could of gotten into. I always love having something different to ride and the trikes fit me the best. Always here to talk about trikes.

1971_MB1A

I have a few with the smaller frame but I can't remember if they have suspension... I'd have to get them out to take a look. I also have a few of the larger ones with suspension too. I never really researched them as to what all models etc they are.