Aluminum casting

Anyone do or know anyone that does sand casting? See a need for the Bird, Roper cast aluminum scrub brake part, think if would be worth getting some cast.
Have one in good shape to use for mold ( last one) probably looking at low volume 25-50 pieces, depending on price, Any info or recommendations appreciated. If OldMiniBikes knew who made the ones they used to carry, let me know.

Anyone do or know anyone that does sand casting? See a need for the Bird, Roper cast aluminum scrub brake part, think if would be worth getting some cast.
Have one in good shape to use for mold ( last one) probably looking at low volume 25-50 pieces, depending on price, Any info or recommendations appreciated. If OldMiniBikes knew who made the ones they used to carry, let me know.
Did you hit Eric up yet? He might be the best in the know person. I could use one as well.

Did you hit Eric up yet? He might be the best in the know person. I could use one as well.
I keep seeing requests for these, if the price wasn't outrageous, I could see getting 25 or 50 made and just selling them for cost so I have a couple.

Steve73

Anyone do or know anyone that does sand casting?
I use a rather small casting company near my home for stuff sometimes. You probably have a place in your town too just call around.
20200120_154902.jpg
20200120_161815_Burst01.jpg
20200120_161805.jpg
20200120_162019.jpg
This project cost me $44 to have cast in aluminium and after a real good polish up this will be looking pretty nice. The overall shrinkage was only like 1/4 of an inch in length and about 1/8th in height.
20200120_154701.jpg

sonerenos

a local buddy who owns a machine shop made some of these, but they were made of aluminum and not sand casted. I sold the last one i had, I can get them made but his price is quite expensive. i think i paid $40-$50 for the one. maybe he will make a better deal for quantity.

I saw a guy on youtube made a crucible out of an old propane tank and melted down some aluminum and poured ingots.
not an endorsement from me, but something to think about