Am building my Buddy a bike from scratch, with a MM 80 -105 frame,, & Tillotson 196R engine, ect.

I74

My buddy just ordered a ''Buttload'' of parts, for me to build him a custom Mini.
He want's me to build him a bike close to my GX - 200

I will keep you posted on the up coming progress. ;)

I

I74

Added,
Am going with an MT - SS 13t clutch & green spring, & hub from GPS, w/ 63t split sprockets,, for starters.
Tooth count is odd no. ;)

I74

Looks like my buddy ordered the Tillotson 212 Hemi instead.
We should get rolling on it in the next week or two .. ;)

I

I74

Did some grinding & filing ect. on the front of lower case & velocity stack this eve to get things lined up tit's. ;)
With the billet flywheel, this bike is going to balance out awesome !
I 100_6055.JPG

I74

Added,
Rims are definitely going to be painted Chrome silver, as the risers, pegs, kickstand, & caliper bracket.
We are still contemplating on if the triple trees & frame are going to be painted also ..
If the frame is painted, it will be a med. metallic blue, & the trees will be chrome silver.
If we don't paint the frame, I will pinstripe it like my bike, but with metallic blue.
Here is a pic of my bike with purple pin stripe on the frame, to give you an idea.
100_5767 (1).JPG

Was trying to eyeball the starter. I’m not super familiar with the 212 engines.
Where does the starter mount on those?
Been wanting a lighted electric start engine for a while

I74

Thanks for the likes Massacre.:)
Here is a pic. of the Tillotson 212 electric start ect.
I drilled out the spot welds for the Bendix covering on the blower housing, & made up the aluminum plate ect. to cover the ''gaping'' opening.
Fred's got a shield cover ordered to fill up the gap between the blower housing & the engine, plus a billet flywheel. :cool:
You can probably see in one of the pics. where 1 of the 2 starter mounting bolts went.

P/S,
He is getting rid of all the electric start stuff, including the lighting coil, & stock flywheel,, w/ the pick up magnets inside it.
Send me a PM if interested in any,, or all of it..

PSS,
Took my GX-200 out for a 1/2hr+ cruise today, as it was almost 60*f ,, & I let Fred ride my modded E - 1000.
It was friggen awesome to be able go for a ride in late Feb. here in east central Iowa !! :p

Tues. is forecasted for almost 8 inches of snow though .... :rolleyes:

I
C7F8148A-B7E3-4FF4-9EC6-23884802BD1E_jpeg (2).jpg untitled.png images2KSAIQUO.jpg

I74

Added,,
Since I have the pretty much stripped engine out of the frame, I just took an actual pic. with showing the lighting coil & starter mountings.
The lighting coil was bolted across the top side of the case.
You will also notice that the front drain plug head is cut off ect. allowing the engine to be mounted as far forward as possible.
100_6057.JPG

I74

We decided to just stripe the frame.
I went to Michaels yesterday & picked up a roll of Cricut holographic blue adhesive vinyl, ''same brand stuff I used on mine''.
Think it turned out better than mine.
Fred hasn't seen it yet, as I just got done with it early this morning.
He will swing by this afternoon & get a big surprise.;)
Pics don't even do it justice.
I 100_6064.JPG
100_6067.JPG 100_6059.JPG

That striping looks really nice !

It appears the cricut vinyl comes in a wide roll...and from review I read, they said it has a tendency to curl up on you.

So my question is, did you cut it to size with scissors, and how did you deal with it curling on you ?

I74

That striping looks really nice !

It appears the cricut vinyl comes in a wide roll...and from review I read, they said it has a tendency to curl up on you.

So my question is, did you cut it to size with scissors, and how did you deal with it curling on you ?
Thanks Robert. :)

The stuff comes in a 12 by 48 roll, & you need to lay it out flat for at least 1/2 day with it weighted down.
I use wood strips & a couple of long aluminum bar stock strips that I make my aluminum parts out of, that are 1 1/2 inches wide, & around 2 - 3 ft. long.

The 1/8 inch or so strips I cut out on a long smooth & straight cutting board, with using one of the aluminum strips as a straight edge guide, & a ''very'' sharp X- ato knife.
Also have the Aluminum bar stock & wood weighting the sheet down when doing this.

The radius pieces I use a Coffee can lid or something for a template, & cut those out with scissors.

Guess I might as well include a pic of the cutting layout, & I haven't cleaned it up yet. LOL .

I
100_6069.JPG