Am guessing this is a DB 30 chassis from around 2000 or so ??

I74

Found this bike for my buddy, & am wondering around what years they put a rear disc set up on these.
Any & all input will be appreciated.
Thanks,
I 00C0C_8Nk4mR7u7yQ_1200x900.jpg

You would be correct
Fender mounts , kickstand (righthand side) seat , hoop infront of rear wheel , are all distinct to the early dirtbugs

All of the "old style" DBs I've seen have had the disc brake. Oddly, some "new style" DBs had a drum, some had the disc. I don't think there's much information available concerning model year differences; cheap Chinese minibike, no one cared. I like the old style DBs; the only thing I don't like about them is the inboard rear axle location, I'd relocate it outboard, increasing the wheelbase, making it less wheelie prone and more stable.

You will be able to fit a bunch of engines in them without a problem. I lowered the front fender on my kids and it looks much better. What size is that Subaru sitting in the frame?

Attachments

Addicted 2 Minis

They also sold them under the Serengeti name, they had one with full suspension, an electric one and one with springer forks, Go Kart USA used to sell the springer fork version in yellow, I think it was called the Moose.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

I74

You will be able to fit a bunch of engines in them without a problem. I lowered the front fender on my kids and it looks much better. What size is that Subaru sitting in the frame?
Am not sure on the engine ??
The seller is not sure on that either, as he is selling it for his kid that just went into the Military.
It looks like a OHC - EX17 or EX 21 , to me.
He did say that the engine & tires are pretty much new.
Bet it's pretty quick, regardless. :p
The bike is a long ways away, so I have not actually seen it.
My buddy want's to take a drive later this week & go get it..
Think it's a Hell of a deal for 300 bucks !

$300 is a pretty good deal, most you see at that price have the crappy stock engine that can hardly pull my 165lbs. up the slightest hill. They are built pretty sturdy and parts are somewhat easy to find, they are getting harder to find if you can believe that. Coleman took over the DB30-R with their CC100X which is $300 new at Walmart with free shipping. A lot of the Coleman, Motovox and Mega Moto parts are interchangeable but the rear wheel seems to be different for every brand, just don't strip the rear sprocket bolts and it shouldn't be a factor.