"American Muscle" ruppster's vintage Bonanza 1300 build

Here is my entry for the 2012 OldMiniBikes Vintage Class Build Off. I will be using a Bonanza 1300 frame with a 5HP Briggs engine. This will not be a full restoration but not nearly all custom either. The heart of this build will be with the engine. The 5HP Briggs will be built for as much power and RPM possible (within funds), while still keeping the classic flat-head look. The frame will be re-painted a different color as well. This will be an exciting build for me and my dad (Creia). So please stay tuned for updates!

Thank you :thumbsup:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

matt2

I'm so glade to see this. I'm doing the exact same build.I think my frame is a bc1200 it had the small tires. We both have front foot pegs. I think that means pre 1968 ? Anyway good luck and have fun. Matt
:scooter:

I'm so glade to see this. I'm doing the exact same build.I think my frame is a bc1200 it had the small tires. We both have front foot pegs. I think that means pre 1968 ? Anyway good luck and have fun. Matt
Hello Matt. Yes, from what I've heard, it is 1968 or older. Congrats on winning that raptor engine. :drinkup: It should give you some good power for your project.

Just curious, what brand and size tires are you using for your Bonanza? (In your picture)

Thanks

matt2

Hello Matt. Yes, from what I've heard, it is 1968 or older. Congrats on winning that raptor engine. :drinkup: It should give you some good power for your project.

Just curious, what brand and size tires are you using for your Bonanza? (In your picture)

Thanks
They are original N O S General brand tires,5.30/4.50-6. These came stock on your bike. They were stored coated in wax they are like new. Check ebay, he is up off and on. Enter this number on ebay #110759915093. Two tires two tubes about 54.00 including shipping.

helpers Buddy and Karma kitty.

Hello Matt,
What is the overall diameter of the tire, and the overall width of the tread (where it meets the ground) please?
Thank you,
Michael

Update #1

Ok guys, I finally got my wheels, tires, drum brake, and sprocket! The tires are just gorgeous. They're NOS Carlisle 530/450 x 6 tires. These tires have 4" of actual tire thread! Also, my dad (Creia) and I payed a visit to Azusa Engineering in Covina, CA and bought my 3.5" x 6" Tri-Star rims. They sell retail now!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

A big thanks to George3 for helping us install these Tri-star rims and improving the Asuza drum brake. We would not been able to finish this project correctly without his vast knowledge of the Bonanza mini bike and great attention to detail.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Stay tuned for the next update! Thanks