Angled or straight air filer

I have a Titan 212. I want to install a K&N type air filter. Most are angled out toward the leg. Can I run it straight back to stay closer to the center of the frame with the stock carb?

Yeah that would be totally fine. You can use an angled extention to get your air-filter centered in the chassis & tucked out of the way. Just make sure to use hard plastic like PVC or metal tubing like aluminum so the carburetor does not collapse the extension tube & brace it also to somewhere on the frame. I recommend no smaller than 2" diameter for good unresticted air-flow. Or you can make a custom angled carburetor intake manifold if you have the correct tools & supplies to do so. But also keep in mind you will have to re-jet the carburetor too due to the difference in air-flow after doing either of these modifications.

Yeah that would be totally fine. You can use an angled extention to get your air-filter centered in the chassis & tucked out of the way. Just make sure to use hard plastic like PVC or metal tubing like aluminum so the carburetor does not collapse the extension tube & brace it also to somewhere on the frame. I recommend no smaller than 2" diameter for good unresticted air-flow. Or you can make a custom angled carburetor intake manifold if you have the correct tools & supplies to do so. But also keep in mind you will have to re-jet the carburetor too due to the difference in air-flow after doing either of these modifications.
Why don't many people use an angled manifold? You got me going in the right direction.. I found suppliers I didn't know about that have the manifolds I need. I saw an interesting use of radiator hose, couple fitting and two hose clamps. Can I use my stock carburetor re-jeted? Appreciate your advice

SAS289

Why don't many people use an angled manifold? You got me going in the right direction.. I found suppliers I didn't know about that have the manifolds I need. I saw an interesting use of radiator hose, couple fitting and two hose clamps. Can I use my stock carburetor re-jeted? Appreciate your advice
Many do not use the angled manifold because they don't care to use a custom installation. They just want better air flow no matter how far the air filter sticks out. And it is a "standard" part of most every stage 1 kit. Many would rather not buy an extra part or modify with a radiator hose to have their filter tucked in. I think the idea is great but don't care to do it on my bikes.

Many do not use the angled manifold because they don't care to use a custom installation. They just want better air flow no matter how far the air filter sticks out. And it is a "standard" part of most every stage 1 kit. Many would rather not buy an extra part or modify with a radiator hose to have their filter tucked in. I think the idea is great but don't care to do it on my bikes.
You answered my question well. The stage 1 kit is popular. I ride
Mostly on trails and on my pegs so leg obstructions are not wanted. I like simple innovations and that's why I mentioned the clever radiator hose modification. I saw it on a kart page.

Almost I had to enlarge one to align it with the port. I also filled the floor with epoxy to match the d shaped port. I’ll see if I have any pics of one.

Li'l Popeye

^All metal round to D-shape

^30 degree angle

^Carburator flange

^With an angled air filter, the filter is parallel with the frame.

^Untill now, no oil has come out of this breather hose. I thought this was a good solution, as the breather hose ends in the airfilter, where atmospheric pressure is. There's no vacuum in the airfilter.

I saw an interesting use of radiator hose, couple fitting and two hose clamps.
Those that you saw are running flat slide carbs so it's the only option for mounting them. There's no way to bolt them to the intake.

If you really want to start getting fancy and get the most flow possible, you can get heads that have the intake welded on for the size carburetor you're using.

Attachments

Li'l Popeye

Those that you saw are running flat slide carbs so it's the only option for mounting them. There's no way to bolt them to the intake.

If you really want to start getting fancy and get the most flow possible, you can get heads that have the intake welded on for the size carburetor you're using.
They put a hose with a hoseclamp over the manifold. This leaves an obstacle (where the hose fits on the manifold) on the inside, which is not good for flow. Imo it's not fancy.

That’s getting fancy all right!

^All metal round to D-shape

^30 degree angle

^Carburator flange

^With an angled air filter, the filter is parallel with the frame.

^Untill now, no oil has come out of this breather hose. I thought this was a good solution, as the breather hose ends in the airfilter, where atmospheric pressure is. There's no vacuum in the airfilter.
Very nice fab! That’s getting the air filter out of the way when standing on pegs center mounted.

They put a hose with a hoseclamp over the manifold. This leaves an obstacle (where the hose fits on the manifold) on the inside, which is not good for flow. Imo it's not fancy.
No shit. In the first pic I posted, that's using a regular manifold for these carbs. It's not perfect, but the carb is flush against the manifold. The bigger issue is how the manifold is at the head.

On the pic of the head with the welded intake, it's set up for a 28mm carb. The carb will be right up against it so there will won't be much, if any, issues with flow.