Another beast in my garage

Hey gang,

Here's my lastest acquisition I picked up yesterday from a local CL ad.

Seems like a strange combination to me and that's what attracted me to it!

Looks to be an Asuza frame with a '99 Briggs 9hp ohv and a Comet Tav-2.

It's a bit rough in places, I have a new Tav-2 cover on the way. I was told the guy who built it, ran a straight pipe out the side and melted the original.

It was built with 5" wheels, so there's hardly any ground clearence at the rear sprocket, so a 6" Tri-star is on the way. It should have a little "rake" when completed.

Gearing is WAY too tall at 3.857 with its 14 into 54 final and a 10-10 Tav to jackshaft. Just about right for a LSR! Although even at this high ratio it had no trouble pullin' wheelies as evidenced by the rusty rear bars on the frame from scraping the ground. I chose to go with a 10-54 final.

I'm sure you all will get a good laugh at its gas tank. I sure did! :lol:
Fear not, it will be gone soon.

I'll see what I can do about an air filter and getting the old black sections of shrouding off the engine and clean up the wiring.

Here are a few shots....enjoy

I'm more interested in the SS in the background. Is that hugger orange? Or is it SOM? Any mods lol

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk

I'm more interested in the SS in the background. Is that hugger orange? Or is it SOM? Any mods lol

Thanks for asking, Jeff!

Yup, meet "Huggie!"

She's a rare as hen's teeth six speed hugger orange '99 SS. Ordered her new in December of '98, waited 6 months for delivery. Swore we'd never part.

Only a few mods, a modified Y pipe, air box and a carbon fiber driveshaft. Dyno'd 314 hp at the wheels, 327 ft. lbs. torque.

Still get a big grin everytime I drive her. Huggie has been to the east coast, west coast and here are a couple shots of her "on top of the world" at 14,200 feet on top of Mt. Evans here in Colorado.

Bob

See this is why I asked. Being a Camaro nut I realized it was possibly a rare car and I wanted to inquire. She's a beauty and I'm extremely excited to see someone who leaves a car like this pretty close to stock. And those numbers are decent for the mods aswell

See this is why I asked. Being a Camaro nut I realized it was possibly a rare car and I wanted to inquire. She's a beauty and I'm extremely excited to see someone who leaves a car like this pretty close to stock. And those numbers are decent for the mods aswell

I was hackin' on ya and you handled it like a seasoned pro, you'll be fine here and welcome!:thumbsup:

george3

Hey gang,

Here's my lastest acquisition I picked up yesterday from a local CL ad.

Seems like a strange combination to me and that's what attracted me to it!

Looks to be an Asuza frame with a '99 Briggs 9hp ohv and a Comet Tav-2.

It's a bit rough in places, I have a new Tav-2 cover on the way. I was told the guy who built it, ran a straight pipe out the side and melted the original.

It was built with 5" wheels, so there's hardly any ground clearence at the rear sprocket, so a 6" Tri-star is on the way. It should have a little "rake" when completed.

Gearing is WAY too tall at 3.857 with its 14 into 54 final and a 10-10 Tav to jackshaft. Just about right for a LSR! Although even at this high ratio it had no trouble pullin' wheelies as evidenced by the rusty rear bars on the frame from scraping the ground. I chose to go with a 10-54 final.

I'm sure you all will get a good laugh at its gas tank. I sure did! :lol:
Fear not, it will be gone soon.

I'll see what I can do about an air filter and getting the old black sections of shrouding off the engine and clean up the wiring.

Here are a few shots....enjoy
Looks like the gas can has a breather on the cap. got pics of that. Just wondering how they did it.

zeeman

Hey, that's a nice mini. Most of us have trouble fitting a larger engine in a lot of frames, but that one fits really nice. Keep posting pictures.

Looks like the gas can has a breather on the cap. got pics of that. Just wondering how they did it.
Hey George,

Nope, it's not a vented cap, it's just a good ol' POS gas can. The yellow spud pushes out so you can put the pour pipe thru the cap.

Oh, as far as gas mileage on the Camaro, I'm plenty happy with it. 20-21 for my everyday around town driving and 28-30 on the highway. Keep the r's under 2000 and mileage is great. 2000 rpm top gear=92 mph!

I just LOVE taking Huggie on cross country trips. :freakout: