Another HS40 finished!

Thanks everyone! Getting really tough and expensive to scrounge up the little odds and ends to try and get these back together anymore, I gotta get on ebay and start sniffing around for some little parts I ran out of when I was getting this one done.

Karen, I think he is looking for an H35 if I am not mistaken. Not sure how I am going to offer this one just yet. I am trying to go through my record this afternoon looking for what I have paid for the parts used on this one, the cost of the chrome muffler is gonna sting a bit from what I recall!
Hello Markus, Love the rebuild and the paint!! Can you point me in a direction to find a muffler like yours? Doesn't need to be chrome. Thanks!!

markus

Hello Markus, Love the rebuild and the paint!! Can you point me in a direction to find a muffler like yours? Doesn't need to be chrome. Thanks!!

Just have to hunt for them, they pop up from time to time but are not available new anymore. In the 1970's the flanges were specific to the engine so you have to watch the flange or you will have leaks/blown gaskets and misalignment of the ports. As a rule the ones where the tubing chokes down at the flange are for the HS40 and the ones that are a straight shot into the flange are for the larger HS50 ports. I point that out because people always try to sell them as HS40/HS50 and they in fact are not.