Another Pinewood Derby Thread - Districts!

45t

I know, not another Pinewood Derby Thread, but I just had to share my son's District race experience. He won fastest car in his Pack race in January which sent him to District races this past weekend. There were 170 cars represented at Districts this year. When he raced, He won all 4 heats in his age group (Wolf - 8yr olds) and then went on to win 3 of the 4 heats for the championship races. He walked away with the fastest car award/District Champion trophy.

The wife and I were shocked and my son was also suprised he won. He asked me how that happened and to be honest, I don't know? We went to Districts last year and finished 7th in his age group, nowhere near winning. :shrug: So to have a win like this, just blew us all away.

I had a very excited and happy 8yr old over the weekend. :biggrin:

I think that maybe since the car was minibike themed (Cat Eliminator Pinewood Derby Car), that is why it won? :rolleyes: :laugh:

45t

Thanks guys for all the kind words. My son asked me what's next? Honestly I don't know if there are regionals? I told him we'll just have to wait and see if we get an invite to the next level if there is one. He really has the bug now and wants to keep racing. :laugh: