(Another) Tecumseh white engine paint option

Tonight I was out looking for some of the Tecumseh white paint options listed here on other threads. Not finding any of those options in my 1 horse town :surrender:, I ran across this Rustoleum Appliance epoxy in "Biscuit" white from Lowes and gave it a shot.

I know it may not work in the high heat areas well, but is very close to the original and will work fine on sheetmetal touch up.

I sprayed some scratches on the top hat of my 1979 air cleaner cover below, but left the stock paint on the lower portion. I also put it next to another 79 H35 with stock paint in the photos.

Attachments

markus

:laugh: I bought that same paint last week to do some touch ups on an original condition Briggs 4hp as it was the closest thing I could find for them too :thumbsup: I dunno how it will hold up yet either to heat or fuel. I did use that paint before though, I remember doing a quick and dirty bumper repaint with the basic white they have on some bumpers on an old vw pickup I had and it held up and looked alright for a spraybomb.

Before

after ( It hold up to the extreme winter we had that year down here :laugh:)

I have quite a bit of time on my little Tec side popper that I painted with the Rustoleum Appliance white and it's holding up great. I painted the entire engine as it would have been painted from the factory and it burned off in all the right places.

I have quite a bit of time on my little Tec side popper that I painted with the Rustoleum Appliance white and it's holding up great. I painted the entire engine as it would have been painted from the factory and it burned off in all the right places.
Good to know! :thumbsup: I have one that needs a complete repaint, I was going to use this paint and see.

markus

Thanks, that was a fun bus, slow, but fun!

heres that biscuit white against the Briggs and Stratton. I had to paint the tank as it was replacement and was a totally different color. Its pretty close at least. Figured I'd give it a week to sit before messing with it, but I ran the engine this morning for awhile. Putting the bike back together this week:

capguncowboy

I use the Duplicolor Arctic White and found it darn close. I thought I had gotten that idea from here...
I found the Arctic White to be too bright and the Antique White to be too yellow. The Dover is a good compromise in the middle and much brighter than I thought it would be. Once it dried, it was a perfect match to the original color on my survivor engines

Just thought I would throw one more option out there. I used this on a motor I just recently restored with great results. It is the replacement paint for Johnson/Evinrude white 1972-2004. Part number 25461. It can be purchased at any marine supply. The paint is an acrylic lacquer and goes on thin, so a few coats are required, but cures very hard and durable. I think it was a good color match, but opinions will vary...

Attachments