Another Torque Converter Question

so my torque converter on my monster moto sometimes skips and won't grab also it starting making a slight scraping noise but i checked everything to make sure it was tight but im lost the last bike that did this the torque converter exploded any help on whqt to do?

You might need a new belt.
You might need new weights.
You might just need a new torque converter.

Does your bathroom scale call 911 when you step on it?

Last edited:
20180916_124834.jpg I think the play in this sleeve may be the problem but im relatively new to torque converters maybe its nothing. Is the silver sleeve supposed to have that much play?

I just did some digging on the Google and YouTube and I dont see anyone putting anything on the shaft besides the brass sleeve the silver one is never even mentioned. May just taking that sleeve off and see what happens.

I just did some digging on the Google and YouTube and I dont see anyone putting anything on the shaft besides the brass sleeve the silver one is never even mentioned. May just taking that sleeve off and see what happens.
What silver sleeve? Remove the belt, then show us a photo of what your driver looks like. What bushings are on it. I am no expert on the Chinese versions, but the Comets only have a bushing, and it fits relatively snug. Just enough to spin. Be careful when you do that, because it seems like you might have "another" warranty issue here. Sorry this is happening to you. You paid good money for a bike, and aren't getting to do much trouble free riding.

What silver sleeve? Remove the belt, then show us a photo of what your driver looks like. What bushings are on it. I am no expert on the Chinese versions, but the Comets only have a bushing, and it fits relatively snug. Just enough to spin. Be careful when you do that, because it seems like you might have "another" warranty issue here. Sorry this is happening to you. You paid good money for a bike, and aren't getting to do much trouble free riding.
Yea I feel the same way like I said every torque converter kit or install video I find never mentions let alone uses this sleeve so I'm thinking of taking it off and testing that out.

The silver sleeve has the brass pressed or glued to it, it is one piece.
My 212's drive pulley was chattering and sticking. Removed, cleaned, and dry moly lubed it. Torque to 30 ft/lbs.

Also check your jack shaft bearings. Mine were binding and had a bad "catch". Made a hell of a grinding noise while riding. Rotate your rear wheel, or just push bike slowly, and you can hear and feel 'em.
All you should be able to hear is the chain.
These caused the Stock belt to wear after 5 rides.
It performs better than it ever has now! Seriously, night and day!!!
Trust me on this if they are bad do not replace with stock parts!

Darren

So you removed the silver part of the spacer, just using the brass piece?

The Comet bushing is the same width as the Speed spacer stock, 5" .

No problem with the belt pushed off the top of the drive pulley?

Last edited:
So you removed the silver part of the spacer, just using the brass piece?

The Comet bushing is the same width as the Speed spacer stock, 5" .

No problem with the belt pushed off the top of the drive pulley?
I removed the silver speed spacer that was cause slippage and clutch issues it runs better than ever also no issues with belt wear and good take off and top speed hitting 40+ now easily.