Any idea what this is (was)?

DonK

I'm putting together a mini for my grandson and I've had this frame for a while, don't know what it is. Looks to be quite a few foreign pieces welded to it, and the guy I bought it from told me there was a sidecar welded to it when he got it. It will be interesting to know who made it if you can tell by the pictures. Thanks in advance! DSC00035.JPG DSC00036.JPG

I74

I'd like to see more pics of that ''wick'ed'' looking Dune cycle behind it !

That sucker looks like it frigg'n rips !! :p

Added,,
Just watched the vid of the other one.
The other one ''definitely'' rips !!!!!!! :cool:

Last edited:

mustangfrank

Looks like a bonanza frame, not sure on the forks though
Yep, if the frame tubes are 1" diameter it's a 69 Bonanza frame, if they're 7/8" it's a later Bonanza MB...or should I say "was", rough life for that bike! Forks are definitely cut and rewelded from something, probably to ditch the integral handlebars.

DonK

thanks, everyone. I have a 3.5 Briggs engine that runs great and I was planning on fabbing a jackshaft to gear it down for the 5 year old. Can you tell me what these had on them for brakes? thanks again.

Pictures of the Dunecycle springer are in the trike section Dunecycle springer | OldMiniBikes.com

mustangfrank

thanks, everyone. I have a 3.5 Briggs engine that runs great and I was planning on fabbing a jackshaft to gear it down for the 5 year old. Can you tell me what these had on them for brakes? thanks again.

Pictures of the Dunecycle springer are in the trike section Dunecycle springer | OldMiniBikes.com
Rear integral 5" drum sprocket...not necessary to get exact unless you're getting a set of kidney bean wheels and restoring.

Check out OldMiniBikes Whorehouse in their vintage parts, they have Bonanza repro jackshaft brackets and the brake setup available.

DonK

Rear integral 5" drum sprocket...not necessary to get exact unless you're getting a set of kidney bean wheels and restoring.

Check out OldMiniBikes Whorehouse in their vintage parts, they have Bonanza repro jackshaft brackets and the brake setup available.
Thank you. I'll do that.