Any info on this bike and or where to get parts

1971_MB1A

It probably would of originally had an hs40 tecumseh with a slanted intake which shouldn't be too hard to find and or piece together. The metal clutch guard you will probably have to try and find used if you plan on putting it back to original.

Last edited:

PatrickCraik

Man,They're popping out of the woodwork lately. Mine had an H35 originally. You can install any Tecumseh small block you chose,not sure about others. Try ebay if nothing here.

Alarz good to see you finally show up...you’ll get a lot of good info here....Jamie1972 makes slanted Intake adapters if you need one...

PatrickCraik

I have a complete newer H35 with the slanted intake/exhaust. It has a 2-1/4" crank,I think that works with a Comet T/C. It runs good,no smoke but does have a bit of up/down crank play. I'm in the Detroit area, if youre local and interested,send me a private conversation.

PatrickCraik

BTW,Soaking all of that rusty stuff in evapo rust or a WD-40 product made for rust removal will work wonders for you...Check your rims for rust through. Mine front was shot,couldnt believe it hadnt collapsed under my weight.