Any interest in a mini bike roundup in Northern Michigan?

myjunk

Would there be any interest in having a mini bike gathering and tour this summer in Northern Michigan? I own a 1100acre farm and winery located in Central Lake Mi and enjoy driving my mini bikes through the cherry orchards and seasonal dirt roads. If this has enough interest, I would provide a clean area to display as well as guided tours throughout the day. The onsite winery is open and has a lot of fun games for kids and adults to enjoy. If you are a member of harvest host then you can camp on our property for free. I encourage you to checkout our web page at cellar1914.com and get an idea of our farm. I’m sure there would be several details to work out, but that can be done if the interest is there. Please feel free to contact me at shooksd@torchlake.com. Thank you, Daryl,

myjunk

I am excited about the responses, it looks like its a go. I will do some planning tomorrow and try and get a date set as well as more information. Thanks

Lizardking

That sounds like good times for sure! If anyone in California has a winery, I'm in!!!

Your offer reminds me of a video I saw of a Cyclekart club on a winery too!!

They have 24 hr runs!
Those Cyclekarts look like fun too!

myjunk

OK GUYS ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!
1st Annual “Mini Bikes at the farm” gathering
When -Saturday, August 6th 2022
Where - Cellar 1914 Central Lake, MI
We cordially invite you to join us for a wonderful day visiting with fellow enthusiasts and touring on our Centennial 1100-acre farm. Plans are being made for at least 2 guided tours, which will include driving our mini bikes through cherry orchards, stopping along the way to see an old 1880s cabin in the woods, a hidden lake, backroads that haven’t changed since the 1930s and even a stop at the antique gas station I built in my backyard. There will also be ample time for you to explore sights close to us like, Torch Lake (National Geographic voted it the 3rd most beautiful lake in the world) as well as Grand Traverse Bay, both less than 3 miles away.
Central Lake is a small town nestled between Traverse City and Charlevoix / Petoskey, all of which offer amenities such as hotels and fine restaurants. Locally, Bellaire is also a good choice. If you enjoy rustic camping in your RV or self-contained unit, you are welcome to stay on our property for free, we only ask that you patronize our on-site winery with a small purchase. We are also looking at perhaps having a food truck on site for Saturday.
All brands of vintage mini bikes, small ct50s, 70s and similar brand bikes under 125cc (no dirt bikes please) are welcome. If you are looking to spin donuts in the driveway, wheelie competition, burnouts or racing then this event is NOT for you. Our intent is to have a mature group who respect and enjoy the outdoors, as well as meeting new friends who share their excitement of reliving a piece of their childhood. For more information, or to register please email us at shooksd@torchlake.com
I think you are going to like what we have planned, please join us
Your hosts, Daryl and Cheri Shooks
Plan on arriving either Friday evening or Saturday morning. We will register you at the winery. The first guided tour will begin at 10am Saturday morning.

Triley41395

Beautiful country up there. I've been going to your area now for more than 20 years evey spring. It's a very easy drive from I 75. I'll be there again this year and definitely will stop by. If my wife likes the wine it will be easy to convince her to come up in August. Seems like Michigan has a good mini bike community so turnout should be pretty good.

myjunk

We are very pleased with the response to our mini bike gathering so far. Many of you are sharing our vision of a fun time. This being our first time doing something like this, we are kind of learning on the fly. Inevitably, some may not agree, and that's fine. I'm sure we will overlook a few things along the way. I need to clear up the issue of the size of the 125cc limit. That is my mistake , I was limiting the ccs to the smaller bikes Honda, Yamaha Suzuki etc. However mini bikes with their stock size engines are fine. Sorry for the confusion, Daryl

Last edited:

myjunk

We are very pleased with the response to our mini bike gathering so far. Many of you are sharing our vision of a fun time. This being our first time doing something like this, we are kind of learning on the fly. Inevitably, some may not agree, and that's fine. I'm sure we will overlook a few things along the way. I need to clear up the issue of the size of the 125cc limit. That is my mistake , I was limiting the ccs to the smaller bikes Honda, Yamaha Suzuki etc. However mini bikes with their stock size engines are fine. Sorry for the confusion, Daryl

delray

Shorter than you think Brian, there's a ferry that goes across the lake from Milwaukee to Muskegon...less than four hours from you place and NO Chicago traffic:cool:
mark if i wasn't racing. i would be bring a super bronc over(vt-10). can't think of a better bike for that event...:scooter: