Any Montgomery wards experts here?

This is the mini bike that started my mini bike addiction back up, its a montgomery ward and has this model number"AFH61" and serial number "57389 on the aluminum foil decal tag on the neck. It was together minus power when i got it a few months ago but I have taken it apart to start to plan what I want to do with it. It had one small coil cpring on the bottom of the fork bracket for a front suspension and regular wheel barrow rims and 4.00/3.50-6 studded tires (regular garden variety mini bike tires). any idea wth it is? closest thing i have found online was a alexander reynolds mini bike but cannot find a thing for what model monkey wards bike it is. I wanted to stuff a v twin on it and do it up evel knievel style in 70's heavy metal flake everywhere but instead I may pick up a hh80 and go for the vintage restomod vibe. Oh and the count is now up to 6 mini bikes and may grow more this week lol IMG_20190824_125618.jpg IMG_20190824_125632.jpg IMG_20190824_125640.jpg

I'd guess mines older as it has no seat shocks, typical welded on handlebar and the simpler single spring front suspension, more basic fender mounts, sound right? any idea on age? what was the monkey wards model number assigned to it? original power a 3.5 tecumseh?

capguncowboy

Mine was the bigger brother to yours, with the seat suspension and a Tecumseh HS40 (4hp). They made both models at the same time. Here's an ARCO ad from the late 70s showing both versions. I'm not sure about the forks -- maybe they made a model with the one-piece forks for MW ? But it's also possible those forks might be from another bike altogher. To the best of my knowledge, MW wasn't labeling ARCO bikes with their name until the late 70s.