Any old chainsaw guys out there?

That's quite a machine. A machine for manly men, no doubt. Have you run it?

I have my dad's Homelite E-Z from 1971 or so. He put a lot of miles on it, clearing a small old orchard when he built a new home. I'll have to dig it out for some pics. It hasn't been out of the box in at least 15 years.

myjunk

I think I found the answer to my question. I think its a 1953 Model 33 McCulloch. Pretty cool and pretty heavy. I actually went to an estate sale and bought 12, yes 12 vintage chainsaws. Basically I just have been cleaning them up as they have been on the shelf for a lot of years. But a couple of them I was able to drain the old gas and oil, put in new and they took off. I know there are forums for old chainsaws but I thought I would share a picture of my oldest saw here.

...I actually went to an estate sale and bought 12, yes 12 vintage chainsaws. Basically I just have been cleaning them up as they have been on the shelf for a lot of years. But a couple of them I was able to drain the old gas and oil, put in new and they took off. I know there are forums for old chainsaws but I thought I would share a picture of my oldest saw here.
We don't get to see the entire lineup?

That's quite a machine. A machine for manly men, no doubt. Have you run it?

I have my dad's Homelite E-Z from 1971 or so. He put a lot of miles on it, clearing a small old orchard when he built a new home. I'll have to dig it out for some pics. It hasn't been out of the box in at least 15 years.
make sure it still runs if you ever intend on using it.I had several homelites in the past good saw ,but if they sit for along time the rubber intake manifold cracks.

I74

Those ''heavy'' old saws are ''mid evil''. LOL

Worked on one of those around 20 years ago when I was moonlighting in a saw shop.
Can't tell you much about it, other than that they are ''wicked'' sounding beasts !!