any one have pics of the "6282 ARC Billet Rod"

Here you go ARC and Stock
do you have shots of the edge not showing?

is the cap thicker than stock?

also is it .55" 1" hole diameters 3.5" holes center to center?

does it have the zigzag where the cap mates up?

does it require special bearings or will the stock ones work? or is it direct contact?

it has the zig zag cut and it is 3.484 c to c. same diameter as stock by the crankpin. It does not use bearing inserts if i remember correctly. I built the engine a few years ago and looking at the pictures it does not look like it takes bearing inserts. My H50 rod did take bearing inserts.

holding up just fine. I can't answer as it has been a few years. The rod is stronger as it is billet not a casting. The rod bolts are much stronger as well.

I am just double checking that i'm not mistaken but ,the HS40 and HS50 use the same con rod correct?
I checked the FSM and the strokes are the same, as are the bearing sizes. From what I can tell, the only difference between the two is the bore. :shrug: Even the timing is the same. (same flywheel?)

Not a firm answer, but I "assume" the internals are the same, less the piston.

I checked the FSM and the strokes are the same, as are the bearing sizes. From what I can tell, the only difference between the two is the bore. :shrug: Even the timing is the same. (same flywheel?)

Not a firm answer, but I "assume" the internals are the same, less the piston.

You are correct,The HS50 has a little different port design too...they are made to breath a little better than the HS40.
cdoublejj I noticed you are on a bunch of different forums asking the same questions over and over. Tim isky can weld up and regrind your cam too.Give him a shout...He is super knowledgeable.

Last edited:
i didn't know one could do that.

When i bought this rod, it was the only 1 in existence i didn't know the OHV rod was the same exact same. i'm just trying to sell a few things i can the rod with the dipper on it.
I'm a man of little money, at least for now.

What's it take to sell things on OldMiniBikes? I still have more mini and tecumseh parts.

EDIT: the ARC dipper looks different that the original HS40 dipper. it looks to face a different direction. is there any incompatibility there?

Last edited:
The ARC dipper is shorter. It takes 22 oz of oil instead of 21 oz. Its in another post by mc73cromags and ole4 posted his results there also. Its a nice post on what both did to a HS50.

Read the rules on posting items or browse the want ads to see how other do it. OldMiniBikes is a great place.