Any tips on painting the HONDA stencil onto a leather CT70 seat?

jon321

I have a leather seat on my bike and just got the stencil in the mail . Now Im able to find lots of Vinyl spray paints but nothing for leather. I tried looking on the web but it only says the Viynl paint can be used on simulated leather.

125ccCrazy

that paint will work...it will be best to use an airbrush though so you can spray it on lightly and not worry about sags or bleeding... spray cans have a tendency to go on too heavy for stenciling IMO...

jon321

that paint will work...it will be best to use an airbrush though so you can spray it on lightly and not worry about sags or bleeding... spray cans have a tendency to go on too heavy for stenciling IMO...
Thanks for the info, my friends got airbrush I can use.

125ccCrazy

wipe the area down with some mineral spirits and a clean paper towel first and then wipe it off with a dry towel... lay the stencil down and make sure it's tight... light tack coats until it's covered...you don't want full wet coats or it will more than likely bleed under the stencil...

There is another way as well. I have used it over the years with very good results.
Use your stencil as mentioned above. The problem is the grain of the leather.
Go to your local craft shop and buy a stencil brush. This is a round brush with short ,dense bristles. Take you paint and spread about 1/4 Tblspn on a piece of wax paper or sandwich-wrap. Dab the brush in the paint and make sure the edge/tip of the bristles are covered evenly. Now, this is where everyone fouls-up! Dab the brush onto a piece of newspaper or copy paper until the brush is 95% empty, yes EMPTY.
Now go over and dab the stencil. use just enough force to leave paint in the cut-out of the letter. As the brush goes out of paint, repeat the process. Fill,paper empty to 95%, paint letter.
It works so well and the quality of the letters is 1ST rate. You almost cannot tell it from original.
my two cents.

Depending on the year of the CT70 and how concerned you are about the color(some are silver letters) and some are white you can spend $5 includes shipping on ebay and get a great looking white letter logo that looks perfect and lasts.No painting required.They look perfect and is easy as it gets.

jon321

Depending on the year of the CT70 and how concerned you are about the color(some are silver letters) and some are white you can spend $5 includes shipping on ebay and get a great looking white letter logo that looks perfect and lasts.No painting required.They look perfect and is easy as it gets.
AHH crap , wheres a link to those stickers I looked on Ebay and nothing comes up except stencils but heres what I got so far wish me luck I hope the stencil doesent get crooked,lol.

Last edited: